Premiership Player
Suspended
Aug 16, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Spurs, Liverpool, Barca
Whose immensely overrated in your opinion?

for mind; Gareth Barry is a overrated *******.

Hes constantly turning the ball over, costing his team goals.

Drogba is overrated too. Hes playing the best side in the world, should be performing better.

Robin van Persie.

matthew kemp

he has his own facebook appreciation society

not even archie thompson has one

Barry has been one of the most underrated players for the last decade.

Unless this is just a 'what have you done for me lately' thread?

Stevie "Me" Gerrard.

Overrated as ****.

As a Liverpool supporter I'm not sure how you could say that, as over the past decade he has repeatedly showed his quality to us. I don't think you should let the dissapointments of this season cloud your judgement, one in which if we had a fit and firing Gerrard our position would be vastly improved. I'm also not sure of the 'Me' aspect, as his want for success for Liverpool is readily apparent.

Anyway a few that come to mind are, Ibra, Tevez and Rooney to an extent.

Stevie "Me" Gerrard.

Overrated as ****.

As a Liverpool supporter I'm not sure how you could say that, as over the past decade he has repeatedly showed his quality to us. I don't think you should let the dissapointments of this season cloud your judgement, one in which if we had a fit and firing Gerrard our position would be vastly improved. I'm also not sure of the 'Me' aspect, as his want for success for Liverpool is readily apparent.
In the vast amounts of work he puts in helping out his defence, or in his willingness to play a position he doesn't feel shows off his skills in the best light?

Absolutely terrific player whose importance to the team has gone right to his head. Most clubs would kill to have him, but that's part of the problem. He's too entrenched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Liverpool supporter I'm not sure how you could say that, as over the past decade he has repeatedly showed his quality to us. I don't think you should let the dissapointments of this season cloud your judgement, one in which if we had a fit and firing Gerrard our position would be vastly improved.

He's an extremely gifted footballer, no doubt.

But he barely shows up these days, and his performances have been getting lazier and lazier. Over the last few years, he only pops up when there's personal glory to be had.

The media wankfest has gone to his head over all these years. He's a tool.

I'm also not sure of the 'Me' aspect, as his want for success for Liverpool is readily apparent.

Yeah...... A long way behind his want for success for himself and England.

He's no different to Owen.

Gignac and Benzema both get overrated (watch them shine at the WC). Robinho not overrated just massivley regretting joining City. Before this season I would have answered Craig Bellamy but he has been ok for City.

Beckham as a footballer was rated accordingly he never won any World Player of the Year awards did he? General media were bias towards him because of his personaility but football media never really claimed he was the best.

Theo Walcott, Carlos Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz, Tim Cahill and Joe Cole.

From outside the premier league, Phillip Lahm comes to mind straight straight away. Very average defender.

Theo Walcott, Carlos Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz, Tim Cahill and Joe Cole.

From outside the premier league, Phillip Lahm comes to mind straight straight away. Very average defender.
Harsh on Cahill and Tevez. Santa Cruz and Cole are decent players who dont play regularly enough due to injuries and small bursts of good form in between.

With Walcott Sven has well and truly F'd up. It was apparently meant to be a great learning experience taking him to the WC but it has backfired. England had 3 strikers, Walcott has a massive burden placed upon him before his first EPL match and england cap

I was about to write down 'If any says Walcott they are severely misguided'.

The boy hasn't been playing as he has has a terrible run with injuries. He plays two bad-ish games and all of a sudden he is overrated? He needs time to regain confidence to go all out because it is obvious that he is playing slightly scared. You would be too if you kept getting injured because the defenders realised the only way to stop you is to hack you down.

At least give him a month injury-free before he is judged overrated or not.

Carlos Puyol. Doesnt do much nor does he have much to do. Should score way more goals then he does too from set pieces.

Pirlo. Too much shuffling in a team to fit him in IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back