Overrated footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats 3 clean sheets in a row. All 4 of them have their hearts in mouth moments but the results are backing them up and I think they are all improving on their lowly rating supporters give them. I just cant see how they are overrated when noone, not even Spurs fans rate them that highly.
Gomes has been in great form, much better than when he first arrived on the scene. Some of those were brilliant saves last night denying what would've been 2 or 3 certain goals that some other keepers wouldn't have saved.

Considering the Tottenham side is expected to be pushing to break the top 4, the defence is nowhere near good enough for their sides expectations. Hence, the defensive side of it is overrated

Gomes has been in great form, much better than when he first arrived on the scene. Some of those were brilliant saves last night denying what would've been 2 or 3 certain goals that some other keepers wouldn't have saved.

Considering the Tottenham side is expected to be pushing to break the top 4, the defence is nowhere near good enough for their sides expectations. Hence, the defensive side of it is overrated

I think alot of Tottenham fans understimate the Palaciois effect. Hes pretty much single handidly changed that club.

He's been poor for about 2 or 3 months.

You get on these players yet completely ignore when they're ****ing useless.

He's redundant to Tottenham's success.

And Liverpool fans overrate most of their players to the point of supreme comedy. Mascherano is limited as a footballer. And he always has been.

Hes had about 3 poor games playing with a thigh injury. Not worth crying about. Youd think after 50+ good games in a row he could get away with a 1 or 2 poorer performances

Mascherano is limited as a footballer.

So are Drogba and Terry. Being limited doesn't mean much as long as you're the best in what your position requires you to do.

I'm pretty sure ESPN soccernet last week put up stats of Mascherano and as I remember it his teams had a much better win ratio in games he played compared to games he was absent.

So are Drogba and Terry. Being limited doesn't mean much as long as you're the best in what your position requires you to do.

I'm pretty sure ESPN soccernet last week put up stats of Mascherano and as I remember it his teams had a much better win ratio in games he played compared to games he was absent.

Barca are going to buy player - you talk player up. standard procedure. tired and predictable.

your interpretation of limited obviously differs from the actual meaning. he doesn't have any attacking qualities - apart from occasionally useful forward passing and he's not the inpenetrable, tactically astute defensive wall some make him out to be.

he's limited in the qualities he brings. he tries to drive, get forward, sometimes dictate but he regularly fails to do those things. he can break up opposition attacks, and repel midfields but he's reliant on others and his impact is inconsistently felt.

please sign him. you've obviously got this picture of the guy which is far removed from what you'd be getting.

you don't need a limited type to play in his position. Mascherano tries to apply his skills to be more than a defensive midfielder but he's nearly always found wanting on these attempts.

overrated and a ****ing w***er for the exclamation point. a perfect match for your club. (henry excluded) ;)

He's been poor for about 2 or 3 months.

You get on these players yet completely ignore when they're ****ing useless.

He's redundant to Tottenham's success.

Exactly, well said. He was influential in the latter stages of last season and earlier this season but his last couple of months have been average at best. Huddlestone has been the enforcer in midfield as of late.

Barca are going to buy player - you talk player up. standard procedure. tired and predictable.

That's your wrong interpretation, which doesn't add anything to the discussion. And why does it matter why I say something or not anyway? If anything, it's a weak defense mechanism from your side and I wish you'd finally drop it.

apollo_creed said:
your interpretation of limited obviously differs from the actual meaning. he doesn't have any attacking qualities - apart from occasionally useful forward passing and he's not the inpenetrable, tactically astute defensive wall some make him out to be.

he's limited in the qualities he brings. he tries to drive, get forward, sometimes dictate but he regularly fails to do those things. he can break up opposition attacks, and repel midfields but he's reliant on others and his impact is inconsistently felt.

Fair enough, that's your opinion. And I don't agree.

As long as he's got sufficient attacking quality surrounding him, he doesn't need to start up attacks himself.

Benno_900 said:

Do you mean you think Terry is a complete footballer? He's an excellent defender, like Mascherano is an excellent breaker, but both have got their limitations.

Or Drogba? There are several strikers with a much better technique than him.

T-Sizzle is a model citizen and an inspiration to the nation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was my point exactly. Judge Mascherano on his role, not his lack of attacking qualities.

Passings not a attacking quality, Its a football quality. Even the goalkeeper needs to know how to pass the ball. If you are as bad at passing the ball as Mascherano is then your not world class at the end of the day. His tackling is good but not as good as its made out to be. Seems to me he makes alot of tackles chasing the ball he just lost which bumps his stats up very highly and makes him look like a tackling god when in reality hes just creating more work for himself then he needs to.

Id LOVE to see him at Barcelona. Not cos I want him out of the EPL just to see how he fits into the game style Barca play

I get it. Can't pass, can't tackle that well after all, yet somehow many people in the game regard him as the world's best player, or one of the best, in his position.

I guess that's all then.

I get it. Can't pass, can't tackle that well after all, yet somehow many people in the game regard him as the world's best player, or one of the best, in his position.

I guess that's all then.

u go for city ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back