Overrated footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

Those goals against Inter Milan came 2 years ago. Nowadays Bale just isn't as exciting as he used to be, although he's had a promising start to the season.
Please come back with comments like this. Oct 18 2012. Went on to have a great season. Come back GB, make a prediction about Carroll, it might make him serviceable ;)
Oh how I wish for GB'S return. Spurs have gone from strength to strength since he disappeared.
On second thought. Stay away then ;)

Last edited:
that's what i dont get....how is he overrated? many people call it like it is with him - one trick pony who has terrific pace/acceleration etc, however consistently produces poor final balls/crosses (albeit this season thus far he has improved in that department).

i saw djourou mentioned above - who in their right mind rates him?! :eek:

Hey look! Four years on......

64013553.jpg

I don't know if I could handle more than one GrandBlue. He's one of a rare breed that revels in his notoriety and the chaos he creates. He's Bigfooty's version of Heath Ledger's Joker and he won't stop until he's burnt the Association Football forum to the ground.

That is truly the most accurate analogy of a poster I have ever read!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stones. Martinez as a manager. Adam Lallana. Hazard even before this year was over hyped. Had a very good year but not at world class level

Jordan Henderson, a Liverpool captain and FIFA coverstar despite being a pretty limited player.

I kind of agree about Pogba, I mean that's not to say he isn't world class but there is a level of hype around everything he does that other players of a similar level do not enjoy, he's similar to Ibrahimovic a bit in this regard IMO.

Maybe, but if you did a fan poll of the EPL's best strikers before this season he would've been top 5, maybe even ahead of Kane (such was Giroud's second half of 2014/15 - best goal to minute ratio of anyone bar Aguero last season IIRC).

He's nowhere near that at the minute, and hasn't been for most of this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back