Overrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a Sega GameGear.

Me > all of you.

I remember finding a SNES with Yoshi's Island combo in a cupboard in the early 90s. Was clearly a Christmas present for me that was hidden for the weeks coming up to Christmas that I inadvertently stumbled across. Oh man that couple of weeks nearly killed me. #just90skidproblems

Only the toff kids managed to be able to own both the Playstation and N64 ;)

It took me until last year to finally own both

Resort holidays.

Just got back from Bali.

Good in theory. I can see how many/most would enjoy them, but I get bored out of my brain not doing anything. I go out of my mind. I'm fair skinned and hairy chested and hate sitting round the pool trying to not get burnt and sucking in my gut in all day. Yes I like reading, but I miss not being active, playing sport and doing engaging things. Id almost rather be at home building something. Im not a big drinker and I get sick of drinking constantly too, and feeling bloated.

Plus Bali and these third world tropical countries really challenges my morals. So much poverty, and dickhead bogan Aussies taking advantage of it. Its embarrassing seeing them parade around as if they own the place, bartering these poor Balinese down to nothing for something that costs about $2. Shops lined up next to each other selling the exact same s**t, I just cant work out how the poor people that own them make a living - most wouldnt sell anything on an average day.

Another thing I hate is standing in lines in airports. and sitting cooped up in aeroplanes A 4 hour flight is a 10 hour process getting to and from the airport, going through customs, check-in etc.

Maybe Im a sad sack but I honestly prefer being at home.

Am going to France later this year, I know Ill enjoy that experience more as Im a Napleonic era and WWI/II history buff.

Last edited:
Resort holidays.

Just got back from Bali.

Good in theory. I can see how many/most would enjoy them, but I get bored out of my brain not doing anything. I go out of my mind. I'm fair skinned and hairy chested and hate sitting round the pool trying to not get burnt and sucking in my gut in all day. Yes I like reading, but I miss not being active, playing sport and doing engaging things. Id almost rather be at home building something. Im not a big drinker and I get sick of drinking constantly too, and feeling bloated.

Plus Bali and these third world tropical countries really challenges my morals. So much poverty, and dickhead bogan Aussies taking advantage of it. Its embarrassing seeing them parade around as if they own the place, bartering these poor Balinese down to nothing for something that costs about $2. Shops lined up next to each other selling the exact same s**t, I just cant work out how the poor people that own them make a living - most wouldnt sell anything on an average day.

Another thing I hate is standing in lines in airports. and sitting cooped up in aeroplanes A 4 hour flight is a 10 hour process getting to and from the airport, going through customs, check-in etc.

Am going to France later this year, I know Ill enjoy that experience more as Im a Napleonic era and WWI/II history buff.

Fair enough. I can see where you are coming from but I just got back from Bali and loved it. Yes I hated the poverty (but there are plenty of homeless in Melbourne) and yeah Indonesia is extreme in poverty but there is a lot to do if you get out of s**t holes like Kuta. I went to the Coffee Plantation, to the Mountains and Uben and thought it was great. The surf is awesome also.

Also they are not a Nanny State like Australia so you basically have free reign to do whatever (drag race on a motor bike down a street for example) but if you are a bogan idiot and get in trouble it is all on you. No bail outs. No ambulances even, die in the street for all they care.

Then again I can be a big drinker so I tended to do the tours/visit the countryside of a day and just have a few at the resort of a night rather than go to a Kuta club at 11pm where f knows what happens.

France will be cool. I have never been but will be one of my next o/seas trips.

Resort holidays.

Just got back from Bali.

Never been to Bali and no interest. Loved France will get back there eventually.
Europe is great, all that history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Resort holidays.

Just got back from Bali.

Yeah I would hate that too.

The trip I took was great for me- began with a couple nights in Cairns (doing the "lazing by the pool" thing for those 2 days) then began a tour. So a tiny bit of relaxing but mainly doing activities/going out for 2 weeks. Ended up at Surfers for 4 nights where while the weather wasn't great, I didn't do much and included a great arvo at the day spa.

So imo maybe 25% relaxing/ 75% activities is the best for me.

And ****ing hate flying too. Dont mind the queues so much, its the planes I cant stand. ;)

Looks like I will be getting the SNES out of the wardrobe and firing up Mario Kart, Donkey Kong and Super Mario this weekend. I wonder what they are worth nowadays.

Looks like I will be getting the SNES out of the wardrobe and firing up Mario Kart, Donkey Kong and Super Mario this weekend. I wonder what they are worth nowadays.
Wish I had never sold mine as a kid but had to at the time to dig up money for a Playstation.

I feel like they wouldn't be worth as much as you think. A surprising amount of people still have one in storage or in their shed.

Not much, games like that had millions of copies. Its the ones that didn't have many copies are the expensive ones.

I actually had a good deal with the guy at the local video shop where I put Mario Kart in there for a few months (as he didn't have it) and we split the $4 in each rental. Reckon I at least got back the $90 or whatever I paid for it.

Put a couple of other games I was bored of in also but they only got a small fraction of rentals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back