Overrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Christmas seemed to be so simple and exciting growing up, I would see both sides of the family on the day with some trips being 2-3 hour return trips.

Than one year a relative said they couldn't do it anymore as their kids started having their own kids and the travel was becoming too much, it became a fairly big issue but looking back I understand them not wanting to do it anymore.

As time went on my parents told stories of how hard it was sometimes to organise the day and some of the crap they put up with from other family members.

The memories sure have been soured a little.

Thankfully I had a forward thinking grandma who realized well ahead of time the problems that can be created so just declared that that's family's Christmas would be the weekend before Dec 25 to avoid people having to double it. One of the goat all time calls to avoid all these kind of dramas.

This. Last thing I feel like doing on a 40 degree day is a hot roast 3 course lunch @ midday. Yet it is the Christmas lovers of tradition that decide. Any other suggestions are knocked back. Weird day as some people really get uppity over 24 hours. I'll take or leave. If you want to see someone and celebrate go on another of 364 days
We've had BBQ seafood instead of a roast on really hot Xmas days, it's brilliant.

BBQ on Xmas eve with dad as well which is way better than a sit down roast.

We've had BBQ seafood instead of a roast on really hot Xmas days, it's brilliant.

BBQ on Xmas eve with dad as well which is way better than a sit down roast.
We don't worry about the BBQ just have cold seafood, chicken, ham on the bone and salad/pasta/potato salad etc to go with it.

I don't eat a lot of bread but on Christmas day I make an exception had have fresh white bread rolls with home made mild chilli sauce and prawns on it, Mmmmm!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought for a long, long time it was Burmese Mountain Dog (as in from Burma). Turns out it's Bernese and nothing to do with Burma.

How I felt
giphy.gif

I had a Burmese who was quiet but a Siamese who loved a chat.
Would bite you on top the foot if you ignored him
We had a Siamese cat about 20 years ago. He was a dream but his chats were not never ending.

One little ******* burmese does not shut the * up. If you let her in lounge with you, whilst watching tv, you hope she will sit down, relax and have a nap or something. Rarely happens,, she just loves the sound of her own voice. Even if you let her sit on your lap, she will still turn around and look at you and crap on until, you decide, * this, you had your chance and kick her outside...lol... that happens 95% of time... problem is even outside the little *er will come to door nearest to living room and hound you to let her back in. Arrogant little *er.

Tonkinese Cat barely says a word so he is in good books with me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back