Overseas Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 6, 2006
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know the AFL has been clamping down on illegal internet streams of our games however I'm not sure how we are expected to support them from os.

I am a paid up member.

I used to pay for the bigpond service which was mostly reliable but now they have put a block on that content in Hong Kong.

I tried to watch through the aussie sports but it's been crap, esp for north melbourne content and buffering/stability issues. It has none of the rootube content (that i can see).

The local Australia network have shown 1 game so far and are not planning to show any more as far as I can tell (up to week 7). That one game was after 1am.

I'm getting desperate all we've had is three minutes of highlights at 11pm on a thursday night.

Any ideas?

How about a North Melbourne overseas membership which includes a live stream of all the games and the old bigpond archive? I'd pay $500 a year for that easy.

*edit.*

Good for full games every week.

Files pump out at around 1.7-1.8GB so you'll need to have a decent plan sorted.

AFL has put the clamps on most popular streaming sites but this site is worth a look. No Collingwood stream but Adelaide the week after is a definite goer.

*edit*

TBH, your better off getting a torrent though.

Google then install PeerBlock and ID Blaster and you'll be safe.

So the AFL is clamping down on illegal international streaming of games in order to protect the rights of a licensee who refuses or is incapable of making games available internationally? That doesn't exactly sound like the AFL commission is fulfilling its obligation to promote the code internationally. When will these morons realise that the best interests of the game are not always served by selling everything off for 30 pieces of silver?

So the AFL is clamping down on illegal international streaming of games in order to protect the rights of a licensee who refuses or is incapable of making games available internationally? That doesn't exactly sound like the AFL commission is fulfilling its obligation to promote the code internationally. When will these morons realise that the best interests of the game are not always served by selling everything off for 30 pieces of silver?

Yep that Machlachlan fella is pretty much the biggest idiot to have ever graced the hushed passageways of the holy temple.

Anybody who leaves Neighbours for a career in Step 1-2-3 has lost all my respect.

Which brother was that? Tippy or Camel?

Itchy. Tippy said he's on top of things, whilst Camel's stuck in a hole of a place where interweb access is impossible anyway.

Originally Posted by Groggyk
I've got a few more, but a P.M is probably a better way to go for this stuff.

PM me up baby. :thumbsu:

Yep that Machlachlan fella is pretty much the biggest idiot to have ever graced the hushed passageways of the holy temple.

Anybody who leaves Neighbours for a career in Step 1-2-3 has lost all my respect.

Lol. Btw, the jury's still out on his/her gender mate. "She" or "He" could be the Caster Semenya of sports administration.

I've used the paid streaming service for the Hawks game and will probably do so for the Pies game this week, it was pretty decent, no buffering and decent picture and only £3. Not available everywhere though seems to be the problems.

Cbf to scratch around trying to find a free link which might be dodgy quality at that price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a mate who manages to get our games every week from some torrent thing, cant say i have any idea where but i'll try to find out. He knows nothing about football but he is definitely a computer guru of sorts.

The first site Groggyk mentioned is gold for getting the game every week.

Should probably edit it out though as there is a specific announcement on there asking not to mention it on bigfooty.

The first site Groggyk mentioned is gold for getting the game every week.

Should probably edit it out though as there is a specific announcement on there asking not to mention it on bigfooty.

My bad.

Sorted.

Hey thanks for the ideas guys, I'm only just bakck online so if you could pm me those details that would be grand.

I read the flogstone blog SLF and it's spot on.

If No-Bull can engineer a way to give north fans north games (as clearly the fta and pay channels don't want them) i'd be happy to pay the club directly.

The Australia Network is really good here in Singapore showing four games a week but unfortunately the North Melbourne games never seem to be shown. Haven't worked out the schedule, whether they have the rights to certain games at certain stadiums or whether they just pick the best available for time slot. If it's the latter, then I don't like my chances of watching ANY North games this year if they won't show our game vs Collingwood (especially with both teams coming off wins).

They should show all 8 games, even if the remainder are shown during the week as catchup, rather than airing Home and Away 5 times a day.

The NBA has its league pass broadband which is reasonably good and is done on a monthly subscription. About $20US or something, cheaper if you buy in bulk. I really fail to see why the AFL couldnt have something similar for regional and international fans of Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back