Multiplat Overwatch (BattleTags now in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a 6 feed from the grave :cool:

Game is good but I'm not sure it's pay full price good. Being very objective focused i can see it frustrating me playing with randoms as it has a few times already. Takes a while to find the right character, I've narrowed it down to a rotation of 3 depending on the map and mode. Running with Baston, Roadhog and Mei.

Just a 6 feed from the grave :cool:

Game is good but I'm not sure it's pay full price good. Being very objective focused i can see it frustrating me playing with randoms as it has a few times already. Takes a while to find the right character, I've narrowed it down to a rotation of 3 depending on the map and mode. Running with Baston, Roadhog and Mei.

I think to get full value you need to be at least competent with all the characters based on the situation and the opposing team. So many characters directly counter on another.

Heap of players in the beta as well being new to the game are playing it like its just team death-match which can be frustrating when you have two snipers on an attacking team just hanging around the spawn area.

My favourites so far have been Junkrat, Symmetra and Zarya, but I have had decent games with nearly all the characters.

I used to not want to swap mid game too much but the game is built for it so you gotta do it.

Pharah is the counter to Bastion. Her flight allows her to sneak up close or get above him so the tanks protecting him can't block. A lot of places you can go over rather than around, if you go around of course you get cut up by crosshairs trained to the choke points. Got 46 direct hits and 8000 damage in one game last night, reminds me of my rocket arena days.

McCree I can understand would have been awesome with long range damage but I never got to play on a low ping in those days. The drop off is just too much for Bastion dominated games. I switch off him almost immediately a lot of the time even though I really like playing him.

Tracer is great you just need to be very aware of all the incoming damage. Pop out sting for a bit before ducking into cover or using the rewind to get your health back.

Played a little Lucio. My god have they nerfed his gun from what I remember, he's useless now as an offensive hero. His speed boost is obviously very powerful in the right setting but I think they have pushed him back too far.

Also had myself a 1 man Bastion carry. His heal isn't fast and effective like it was back in the day but his damage is still totally bogus. Even when you're dying you can just set him back up quickly and start chopping down the noobs. Got an easy POTG with 3 golds. I only did it because my team was getting smashed. Then just cruised to victory.

I love this game but my age doesn't agree with any sort of hardcore sessions of such a high paced shooter. 2-3 hours and I'm done for the day. I'm fine with that though, I had Quake and original counterstrike when I was young and had the stamina to play all night off a couple cans of coke and a large pizza. I think perhaps refresh rates play a little part in the fatigue I experience but I really can't afford a 144hz monitor or the computer which can maintain that framerate.

I can appreciate what a milestone this game is in the field of FPS. We've had multi class team multiplayer before since the original team fortress this game just takes it to a new higher level and it's glorious. I love that everybody has such broad tastes in heroes because there is such variety in the choices available.

Good luck and have fun everybody.

Played about 3-4 hours last night - really enjoyed it.

Don't think I'm ever going to be at the level of the guys who've clearly been sinking hours into the closed beta, but the matchmaking is good enough that no-ones going to get completely flogged.

Defence strikes me as marginally easier than attack ATM, but that again depends on your team's willingness to guard the choke points/objectives and not go chasing kills.

Having the most fun with Reaper, Bastion and Zenayatta so far.

Absolutely dominated with D.VA on Lijiang tower, which is one of the control maps.

If the opposing team controls the point being able to put her ultimate down right on-top of it can take out a whole team in one go and anyone not killed usually has to run away as fast as possible leaving them vulnerable to your teammate to mop up. Had 23 Eliminations and 5 Gold medals :eek:

Just feels like a F2P game to me, it's not a bad thing but it just lacks depth. Pretty bored with the beta now after trying all the characters and this is all the content it's launching with.

A MP only game with a couple of modes and nothing worthwhile to unlock by leveling, it should've been priced at around $40 or made F2P with cosmetic items as micro-transactions.

Being Blizzard there'll be a tonne of post launch support and updates, smart thing would be to wait for more content and by then the price would've dropped to something a bit more reasonable.

Each character had about 4 different abilities. But 1 of them seems a really brief sprint thats just meh, another was a rocket volley which was meh and the main one didnt seem to do much. Are there any unlocks Im missing or are all the unlocks cosmetic?
All cosmetic, no upgrades for damage/weapons/armor etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tupperware did you play much?

You could say that. Been putting in long sessions last few days in a 6 queue. Think I'm at about level 25? Which doesn't actually mean much - just opened quite a few loot boxes.

Good fast-paced fun, very polished TF2 game. Blizzards environments and design top notch as usual. Great focus on teamplay - timing of your ultimates with others can almost guarantee wins. But leaves a little room for good solo plays. Nice balance.
While they probably won't add more maps or modes for release, you could safely assume that more would be added shortly after. Champions will need some balancing, but offer good counterplay in most part.

As mentioned above though, release price is rather steep. Its the one thing holding me back right now.

You could say that. Been putting in long sessions last few days in a 6 queue. Think I'm at about level 25? Which doesn't actually mean much - just opened quite a few loot boxes.

Good fast-paced fun, very polished TF2 game. Blizzards environments and design top notch as usual. Great focus on teamplay - timing of your ultimates with others can almost guarantee wins. But leaves a little room for good solo plays. Nice balance.
While they probably won't add more maps or modes for release, you could safely assume that more would be added shortly after. Champions will need some balancing, but offer good counterplay in most part.

As mentioned above though, release price is rather steep. Its the one thing holding me back right now.
I think if we all get it I will pull the trigger.

Absolutely destroyed with Bastion.
Like ridiculously ownage.
Anyway, had 2 games where I was versing hugely stacked teams.
Disliked it very much.
They all went that midget that can build sentries (I don't know the game well enough to know names)
Carnage.

Anyway, I reiterate that the game is definitely not worth 60+.

Add me people - frasiercrane#6236

Yeah I hate that the game has region gouging prices.

Even though I like it I've only played like twice in the last week. I just don't think it's worth me paying until the price is more reasonable.

Multiplayer only just isn't worth $70+ especially when they're gonna be charging for skins.

It's best that more people just simply don't buy until the price drops. Need to force the discounts.

I can't see a future for Battleborn with the full price tag. Only the big companies can get away with that such as Blizzard.

Not sure what to think of the Overwatch hate with people saying they are unsure about it. Plays a whole lot better than CoD, nice variety, enjoy the maps and enjoy the cosmetics. Definitely intending to make this my main game going forward.

Loving Roadhog, Winston, Mercy and Widowmaker. Want to master Reaper as I love his skins (Plague Doctor).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back