Multiplat Overwatch (BattleTags now in OP)

Mar 27, 2011
Melboooooooon
AFL Club
West Coast
Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Ended up grabbing it with some left over EB credit. I still worry about it's longevity but for now it's a good little time waster and besides Rainbow Six Siege (still the best shooter this gen by far) there's not many good shooters out at the moment.

D.VA and Widowmaker seem to be my main 2 atm. Reaper, Mei and Soldier 76 get a bit of rotation time as well.

Was Bastion nerfed? Have only come across 1 person using him.

Mar 27, 2011
Melboooooooon
AFL Club
West Coast
Ended up grabbing it with some left over EB credit. I still worry about it's longevity but for now it's a good little time waster and besides Rainbow Six Siege (still the best shooter this gen by far) there's not many good shooters out at the moment.

D.VA and Widowmaker seem to be my main 2 atm. Reaper, Mei and Soldier 76 get a bit of rotation time as well.

Was Bastion nerfed? Have only come across 1 person using him.
His mechanics were changed between the betas, he doesnt have a shield any more but does have 360 rotation.

But yeah mostly as tupperware said, he's really not very good unless people are keen on running in single file at him over and over.

Which they sure currently are.

I relented and bought this last night. Played enough to get to level 8 or so. Had a effin ball and can't wait to play again tonight.

Main heroes so far are Soldier 76, Pharah, Tobjorn, Mercy. I haven't really liked many of the tanks I've played so far but haven't put much time in.

Core game gets high marks on everything yes but the supporting cast just doesn't feel there unless the comic books and figurines take your fancy (ooooooh shiny merch).
Lucky I play games for their core gameplay!! I couldn't care less about an external economy or a meaningless levelling system. It's a multiplayer shooter, it's all about what happens in game. The gameplay is just as deep as CS and much deeper than TF2, yet both those games are going stong so many years after release. No reason this won't either. Especially considering how good Blizzard are with follow up (free) content and support for their games.

I don't get how providing backstory (comics, etc) to the characters can be seen as a negative either. It's a extra that's rarely seen in these types of games (online only shooters). I don't really care about it but it's nice for people that do.

Picked it up, tend to do well using D.Va as a hit a run type tank character. It's ultimate of blowing up and taking everyone with your mech has won me a few "moment of the round" thingys at the end.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Just played a game where 5 of the opposition were playing as tracer.

How about 3 Trobjorn's and a Bastion. Including having two turrents on the god damn payload.

ScreenShot_16-05-25_21-31-55-000.jpg
ScreenShot_16-05-25_21-29-00-000.jpg

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Grabbed for PC earlier. Hope to jump on a bit later tonight. Was tossing up whether to get it on PC or PS4 but I reckon my PS4 mates would drop off quick where as I got a few mates on bnet (old wow guild mates) who play nothing but Blizzard games and I think will be on this for some time.

I think I played mainly tanks in the beta (Roadhog mostly) so will have to try some other stuff to find my groove.

edit: ok played a few hours now. Heaps of fun. Jumped around characters early but am bossing it with Roadhog when I get a team that looks after the tank. Had an unbeaten 18 kill streak once (game ended) that was a lot of fun. If someone picks a tank and there is little support I have been getting the hang of Widowmaker but still trying to find my footing with the other roles. Anyone on PC my BNet is nekroturd#1700.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Really enjoying this. Still getting a feel of the various characters, maps, game modes and then working out what is useful in different situations. Trying to stick with about 10 heros or so for now and get a few hours gametime in each.

Normally just wait to select hero last from the group and go whatever we dont have. Normally that means healer, which I like playing anyway. Lucio is great but Mercy is more fun to play. Zenyatta I only just tried today after getting an epic skin from a loot box. Harder to get the hang of, will need more time to get good with him.

Other than the healers - Tracer, Pharah and surprisingly Roadhog are my favourites. Hooking people with Roadhog is just damn fun.

Mar 27, 2011
Melboooooooon
AFL Club
West Coast
I think ultimately this game in terms of longevity will come down to if you have friends to play with or not.

With friends it's great fun, solo... it's only ok.
It's absolutely this for me. First game in a very long time where I know a ton of people all playing on PC. Great fun and endless gimmick teams.

Just played a game where 5 of the opposition were playing as tracer.
Our most successful so far have been full teams of all Soldier76 or Symmetra.

6 Symmetras lasers are impossible to deal with.

Had another decent session tonight. Ge
Really enjoying this. Still getting a feel of the various characters, maps, game modes and then working out what is useful in different situations. Trying to stick with about 10 heros or so for now and get a few hours gametime in each.

Normally just wait to select hero last from the group and go whatever we dont have. Normally that means healer, which I like playing anyway. Lucio is great but Mercy is more fun to play. Zenyatta I only just tried today after getting an epic skin from a loot box. Harder to get the hang of, will need more time to get good with him.

Other than the healers - Tracer, Pharah and surprisingly Roadhog are my favourites. Hooking people with Roadhog is just damn fun.
Zenyatta has the best skins IMO.

Mar 27, 2011
Melboooooooon
AFL Club
West Coast

I'm not sure if everyone has noticed this but you can change a great deal of settings for individual characters. I threw mouse sensitivity way down on Zenyatta and often get the most kills with him. Headshotting machine.

Apr 1, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not sure if everyone has noticed this but you can change a great deal of settings for individual characters. I threw mouse sensitivity way down on Zenyatta and often get the most kills with him. Headshotting machine.

This is why I love this mouse. Thumb on the target instantly lowers sens, but then you dont need to run lower sens for navigating.

458434-corsair-m65-rgb-laser-gaming-mouse.jpg

I only read about these individualised settings today. Very keen to check em out when I get on later.

Back