Universal Love Own or work in a small/local business facing hard times? Plug yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone,

If you happen to work or own a local supermarket, pharmacy, convenience store, cafe/restaurant, any business that is still up and running and hasn't been shut down etc. feel free to give it a plug if you're a bit cash strapped at the moment.

You never know who might be out there that needs your services and we're gonna do what we can to help small businesses stay above water.

Usually, external advertising posts are not allowed, but Chief has given us the go-ahead to open up this platform to spread the word.

If you know a local business that could use a shoutout, pop into this thread:
  • Business Name
  • A bit about what the business do / offer
  • Link to the business' website/social media/eCommerce platform
Once I find the password to our Bigfooty Swans account I'll give it a plug on there as well.

Michaels on the Richmond board has already had some success with this sort of initiative, let's use whatever platform we have to help these businesses stay open.

#supportlocal

At the very least I'd implore you to google local businesses & try to order some takeaway/delivery options whereever you can afford it.

There are so many food producers/distributors out there. Sure the big boys like Maccas, KFC, Coles, BWS etc are cheaper but the local guys are owned by families you live with. Their kids go to your schools. Their mechanic is your mechanic. Etc. They need your help.

Also, where possible I'd highly recommend not forgetting non-essential retailers... things like online shopping for jewellery or books etc. These kinds of "luxury" retailers/producers are going to really cop it in the coming months as people focus on "essentials"... They don't & won't get much love. Please, if at all possible, don't forget them.

Good luck to all the small business owners out there. This is probably going to be the toughest months & years ahead. Get good advice if you can. Keep up to date with government & non-government incentives/stimulus options. Plan as best you can. I wish you all nothing but the absolute best of luck through these next few months.

At the very least I'd implore you to google local businesses & try to order some takeaway/delivery options whereever you can afford it.

There are so many food producers/distributors out there. Sure the big boys like Maccas, KFC, Coles, BWS etc are cheaper but the local guys are owned by families you live with. Their kids go to your schools. Their mechanic is your mechanic. Etc. They need your help.

Also, where possible I'd highly recommend not forgetting non-essential retailers... things like online shopping for jewellery or books etc. These kinds of "luxury" retailers/producers are going to really cop it in the coming months as people focus on "essentials"... They don't & won't get much love. Please, if at all possible, don't forget them.

Good luck to all the small business owners out there. This is probably going to be the toughest months & years ahead. Get good advice if you can. Keep up to date with government & non-government incentives/stimulus options. Plan as best you can. I wish you all nothing but the absolute best of luck through these next few months.
Still trying to figure out non essential businesses. Retail shops are open, books etc. I'm in the marine retail business, trying to work out if we are essential which is near impossible to find out, retail traders assoc don't know. We are the largest seller of boating safety equipment in Aust, not just pleasure but commercial, eg the water police, coast guard etc buy from us, are we essential? We need clear direction from the federal and state govts which is not forthcoming ATM.

Still trying to figure out non essential businesses. Retail shops are open, books etc. I'm in the marine retail business, trying to work out if we are essential which is near impossible to find out, retail traders assoc don't know. We are the largest seller of boating safety equipment in Aust, not just pleasure but commercial, eg the water police, coast guard etc buy from us, are we essential? We need clear direction from the federal and state govts which is not forthcoming ATM.
I'd say just keep on trading until you get a solid definition or are told not to. I've had trouble figuring it out too so I've just kept going.

I own an online cosmetics wholesale business which is hardly what I'd consider essential but at the same time the government seem to have indicated online retailers are okay to keep operating.

Last edited:
I'd say just keep on trading until you get a solid definition or are told not to. I've had trouble figuring it out too so I've just kept going.

I own an online cosmetics wholesale business which is hardly what I'd consider essential but at the same time the government seem to have indicated online retailers are okay to keep operating.
Slomos presser tonight still no clearer, in fact it seemed to reinforce general retail to remain open ATM.

I’m still running until told

Concreter

The 1.5m away is not possible and same with many trades so only time I guess
The construction industry as a whole is an essential industry. I believe you will be able to continue working even if the country goes into lock down. This is as long as you still have work to do. Alot of builders are already losing work because clients are either to concerned to spend the money they were going to or no longer have the money to spend.

Not my businesses & I have no investment or association with them... but I do support them & highly recommend them.

#shoplocal

Adelaide Gin (adelaidegin.com.au)

Four Pillars Gin (doing hand sanitizer)

Freshndelicious.com.au

Meatonline.com.au

My local fish n chipper / charcoal chicken shop :hearteyes: ;)

As we head into 2021 I just wanted to give this a bump.

There are still a lot of businesses doing it tough. The stimulus packages are starting to end now & I think this year may be where we start seeing some carnage... I personally try not just to buy Australian where I can but go one step further & buy local. I'd ask you to try & do the same when you can.

If anything good can come out of this pandemic then let's make it a more connected & supported local community.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back