Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

Well this is a worry...I wonder if Rafa would want to stick around even if we stay up...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ys-regrets-buying-11075959#ICID=FB-Chron-main

Speaking in an interview with the Mirror, he said: “Do I regret getting into football? The answer is yes.

“I have had tonnes of fun in it but I haven’t been able to make the difference I wanted to in football.

“I wanted to help Newcastle, I wanted to make it better, that’s what I wanted to do. I haven’t seemed to have had that affect.”

“All I say is, there is a bank account, when you have emptied it, it’s empty, don’t come crying to me for more money.

“That have had a proper go at it this season, I think everyone can agree with that, but the results haven’t been ideal.”

Asked by the Mirror how much was in the bank account, he said: “Virtually, nothing now. They have emptied it.”

Sounds like we'll be going back to shoestring budget life soon - even more worrying if we go down and need to rebuild the squad...

Well this is a worry...I wonder if Rafa would want to stick around even if we stay up...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ys-regrets-buying-11075959#ICID=FB-Chron-main

Speaking in an interview with the Mirror, he said: “Do I regret getting into football? The answer is yes.

“I have had tonnes of fun in it but I haven’t been able to make the difference I wanted to in football.

“I wanted to help Newcastle, I wanted to make it better, that’s what I wanted to do. I haven’t seemed to have had that affect.”

“All I say is, there is a bank account, when you have emptied it, it’s empty, don’t come crying to me for more money.

“That have had a proper go at it this season, I think everyone can agree with that, but the results haven’t been ideal.”

Asked by the Mirror how much was in the bank account, he said: “Virtually, nothing now. They have emptied it.”

Sounds like we'll be going back to shoestring budget life soon - even more worrying if we go down and need to rebuild the squad...

Weird considering the lack of spending lately, surely he's been banking a lot.

80mil is a fair chunk to be fair.

I bet there'd be some reinvestment if they stayed up. It just won't be at Madrid levels.

Doesn't that 80m basically just come out of the net that he was saving over the previous few years when they barely spent anything?

Rafa built a decent team without going moneybags style between 04 & 08. Should be able to do ok if NUFC stay up.

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/21/graham-carrs-newcastle-future-in-doubt-under-rafa-benitez/

This article from the Telegraph seems to suggest money will be available - I'm sure Rafa would want to move on quite a bit of the deadwood if we stay up. I don't doubt he would have got assurances over control of transfers as well...though it is Newcastle and we did the same thing to Keegan at the start of Ashley's reign!

Weird considering the lack of spending lately, surely he's been banking a lot.

Not sure but I think Sports Direct has been struggling a bit recently so maybe he wants to offload us for a cash boost?

Though he has said apparently he'll be the owner regardless of whether we stay up or go down. Just quite bizarre. He rarely speaks (only the second time he's down a public interview on TV) so when he does, it causes a bit of a frenzy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a real shocker, Leicester fans love their chairman!! And there's me thinking they would completely despise him!

Sorry for the sarcasm

Our owners really are superb. Shouted 30,000 donuts and beers yesterday to celebrate the chairmans birthday:

In return, our fans quite clearly love our owners:

"Mr Chairman" because attempting to spell his last name was too difficult?

Maybe it would have struggled to fit? I guess since they were paying for it they chose to go with something shorter.

Yeah just looks funny because you can guess at the reason behind it. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back