Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

Sport is about winning though.
Would rather stay as we are and enjoy any fleeting success than get the cheap satisfaction that comes with success from these oil money bastards.

There is simply no acceptable justification for accepting their cash. A complete lack of scruples given their human rights record.

Yeah but that's clearly not what I was referring to.

Not quite sure what you're referring to then. Silverware? Maybe 3-4 clubs win silverware each season, does that make being a supporter of a side with zero chance of winning silverware worthless?

Sport is about winning though.

And yet I bet the fans of Wrexham will have had far more fun and gained far greater memories from this FA Cup run (even when they eventually lose) than those of clubs that might go onto the final.

They won't bitch and moan when they lose like the plastic glory hunters, they'll remember all the fun times they had and not focus on the loss.

Not quite sure what you're referring to then. Silverware? Maybe 3-4 clubs win silverware each season, does that make being a supporter of a side with zero chance of winning silverware worthless?
There's been 9 other clubs win top level trophies in England since our last one. If Newcastle get up in the League Cup that will make 10. For a club that calls itself "big 6" and has revenues in the top 10 in the world I'd say an expectation to win more than once in 20 years is reasonable

I'd say its not about just winning, but all clubs would be about winning the next game whatever it is. Its what they aim do to do each week no matter what the league or table position.
And it has to be about improvement along the way. If you dont see progression it gets old quick.

This ownership has done its job and got us as far as it can, a 4th placed participation trophy level club. It can't go beyond that. The business model doesn't believe in pushing any further to do so.

They use the excuse "we need more revenue to compete for trophies" but there's no evidence to show that they use said revenue to help the on field chances. As our revenue has grown, our Wages to Turnover gap to the likes of Liverpool, City, Utd, Chelsea has either remained the same or grown.
FnZmXp8XwAcYFEg

For some context as to what spending like a club that values trophies would do to our wage bill.

The avg % of turnover from United, Liverpool, City and Arsenal (excluding Chelsea as an outlier) that would be spending 61% of turnover. For Spurs current revenue levels, that would be an extra 61m per year to the wage bill or 1.17m per week. So when we say we can't compete for signings when clubs offer 150-200k per week for a player, we can if we had ownership who wanted us to compete on field like our peers.

FSG are more interested in their loans for the new training ground / stadium redevelopment being paid down instead of transfers. Theyve checked out effectively and are now trying to maximise their returns.

I wish Boehly bought us.

For some context as to what spending like a club that values trophies would do to our wage bill.

The avg % of turnover from United, Liverpool, City and Arsenal (excluding Chelsea as an outlier) that would be spending 61% of turnover. For Spurs current revenue levels, that would be an extra 61m per year to the wage bill or 1.17m per week. So when we say we can't compete for signings when clubs offer 150-200k per week for a player, we can if we had ownership who wanted us to compete on field like our peers.

Your peers are every team in the PL.

Including Bournemouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather stay as we are and enjoy any fleeting success than get the cheap satisfaction that comes with success from these oil money bastards.

There is simply no acceptable justification for accepting their cash. A complete lack of scruples given their human rights record.

But surely you wouldn’t even get to the “than” part of your post. You would just stop supporting Tottenham all together?

Our owner appeared on Sky Sports to talk about the situation in Turkey and what he's doing to support the victims. It really is heartwarming having such a genuinely good individual in charge.

Our owner appeared on Sky Sports to talk about the situation in Turkey and what he's doing to support the victims. It really is heartwarming having such a genuinely good individual in charge.

Seems like a great bloke your owner. Need more in the game like him.

"Qatari based investment group". :D

Phew I thought it was going to be state, or oil money. :D

"Huge transfer kitty" doesn't seem as relevant as "good football people" considering they're already spending the most. :think:

"Huge transfer kitty" doesn't seem as relevant as "good football people" considering they're already spending the most. :think:
Huge transfer kitty is all complete shite as we comply with ffp. Once the debt is cleared and financing costs removed we will be able to spend 40-50 odd percent of turnover per annum.

Meanwhile our billionaire....

Your google search history must be truly unhinged.

95% searching for dirt on Lewis/Levy

3% searching for how many years without a flag determines Carlton as a laughing stock. Results vary. Bigfooty says ages ago.

And 2% searching to see if wanting Qatari oil money ownership makes me a bad person.

Genuinely couldn’t give a s**t about a squabble in Argentina. You’ve done that one to death, give us some new material.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back