Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

No menton of being banned for cheating?
No, but funny that you're out there throwing drunken haymakers to avoid admitting that you've been talking bollocks all day.

Man City being "banned for cheating" is the best example of financial fair play working to protect the established hierarchy.
Just wait until they decide permanent champions League places on the next three years of champions League co-efficient, two of which they want to ban us from.

All for the good of the game apparently, nothing to do with keeping sides already at the top where they are.

FFP (Uefa version) allows for unlimited spending on any club infrastructute and youth programs. Its not tied to revenue in any way.

One of the major differences in Championship rules is Barnsley have the misfortune of being one of the few clubs actually following them

Whats our way out?? We could have the worlds greatest youth set up - but once he's grown up we're not allowed to pay John Stones what he's worth. Big clubs know we have to sell him so we get about 15% of his true value.

Try putting yourselves in the shoes of a supporter of a normal club - not a billion dollar club. Ask yourself if you think its fair that we have to play clubs spending more on 1 player than we are allowed to spend on our squad??

Its a hole thats basically impossible to dig your way out of. And it happens across all divisions. Plenty of clubs have it much harder than Barnsley

The powerful stay powerful

Last edited:
Just wait until they decide permanent champions League places on the next three years of champions League co-efficient, two of which they want to ban us from.

All for the good of the game apparently, nothing to do with keeping sides already at the top where they are.

Maybe try not to cheat and you wouldnt be banned.

As for the rest its all speculation but you also conveniently left out that that the 4 semi finalists of the Europa League also qualify for CL.

And they arent going to be teams from the establishment.

There’s no benefit to Liverpool, Arsenal or Man U in City being banned?

Also, I must be struggling being laughed at by someone who lists Chelsea and Liverpool as examples of teams challenging for trophies without spending big 🤣

Maybe try not to cheat and you wouldnt be banned.

Keep those haymakers going, one might connect one day.

As for the rest its all speculation but you also conveniently left out that that the 4 semi finalists of the Europa League also qualify for CL.

And they arent going to be teams from the establishment.

Oh, that makes it OK then. Have the same four teams in the champions league every year, and then the rest can hope they get lucky in the Europa League.

Of course they probably won't have their best players for the Europa League campaign as they'll be signed up by the elite from that four.

Last year the semi finalist were Arsenal, Chelsea, Valencia and Eintracht Frankfurt. Must have been that astute spending and management.

The thing that said it all to me was the names of the 8 teams that wrote a letter to UEFA asking that if CAS can't make a decision on our appeal in time, they didn't want us allowed into next seasons competition anyway. :D

Also, I must be struggling being laughed at by someone who lists Chelsea and Liverpool as examples of teams challenging for trophies without spending big 🤣
The fact FFP has brought charges to City only proves it’s flaws and intentions.

A club trying to get to where the Sky 4 are now banned for two campaigns for spending money.

Dig up Zizou.

The thing that said it all to me was the names of the 8 teams that wrote a letter to UEFA asking that if CAS can't make a decision on our appeal in time, they didn't want us allowed into next seasons competition anyway. :D

They’re just worried about City’s own welfare and long term survival. They’re protecting City from themselves.

When you said that clubs could compete for trophies without spending big, you meant in the championship did you?

Nah it was me, but obviously we werent talking about Championship, League 1 etc. But hey thats just what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which teams out of interest?

You can understand why from those clubs POV.

Pretty logical that most clubs will want a ban enforced otherwise their is no integrity in the competition.

No surprise that those protesting loudest are the ones that are guilty of cheating.

I must say credit to Chelsea for accepting the FIFA transfer ban with dignity. Would have looked silly to go public with conspiracy theories. In the end the ban was reduced to just the one window which you never took advantage of anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back