Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

One I disagree with. He’s reprehensible in another way as a businessman and worse as an owner as he bleeds the club dry rather than pump money into it.

Oh wow thats just orrible.

Yeah that's definitely worse than all the human rights abuse that goes on in Saudi Arabia and the fact they fund groups like al-Qaeda.

Don't know how I missed such an obvious difference in reprehensible behaviour.

Last edited:
Oh wow thats just orrible.

Yeah that's definitely worse than all the human rights abuse that goes on in Saudi Arabia and the fact they find groups like al-Qaeda.

Don't know how I missed such an obvious difference in reprehensible behaviour.

The American owners have essentially be benefited from slavery and genocide.

From a long term view.

Not saying the Arab FGM / terror , corrupt model is any better

From a long term view.

Well given Saudi Arabia is doing it in 2020 and the American owners don't have slaves or a systematic process of killing people in 2020 I think we can find a fair bit of distance between the two groups in the last 20 years.

From a long term view.

You're just full of hot takes aren't you.

I mean me just sitting here in my apartment I'm benefiting from the historic mistreatment of the indigenous people in Australia, I'm as bad as Hitler.

You're just full of hot takes aren't you.

I mean me just sitting here in my apartment I'm benefiting from the historic mistreatment of the indigenous people in Australia, I'm as bad as Hitler.

Not you but the English rulers, yeah. Bad eggs. They argument they are ultimately worse than Chinese. Russian. Arab. Etx. Is very sound.

I'm just looking at history and the current world. No takes here.

Not you but the English rulers, yeah. Bad eggs. They argument they are ultimately worse than Chinese. Russian. Arab. Etx. Is very sound.

You're drawing long bows to compare current businessmen being in an advantageous position because of events of 150 years ago with people who are actively committing atrocities in the present day.

You're not really looking at history though.

You're just looking at the bits that support your view.

So your historical context argument is already falling apart.
The English rulers that began conquests that you're referring to weren't even Britons they were a mix of Vikings and Gauls which produced the Normans.

It was the native Britons who were constantly being invaded for a long time.

Last edited:
I mean 'poor Geordies' seems like a total misallocation of priorities. I don't think Mike Ashley is a particularly detestable figure when you compare him to the Saudi Arabian royal family backed wealth fund. Ashley isn't out sanctioning murder or oppressing millions. It would have been a disgrace to allow the Saudis to sportswash their regime (just like it is with PSG & Qatar) through the Premier League/Newcastle United. It's a great day for football and the Premier League that they have been forced to withdraw.

This nails it :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a lot of growing momentum in a fan takeover of Hull City.. would be kinda fun to one day consider myself one of the owners of the club!
Where's the Slabhead money SM? Sign some players!

Would love him onboard. Currently has a stake in Barnsley and is an adviser for Alkmaar. This is the only way to compete when up against oil money.

Very good article abput club finance 2014-19:

Spurs loading up on debt to build the new stadium isnt ideal with no spectators allowed for the time being.

Surprised that Arsenal still were making repayments in relation to theur new stadium finished back in 06.

Chelsea loaned £440m by Abramovich. Only £40m converted to equity which is low.

How are West Brom paying a mystery £27m dividend to their holding company?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back