News Oxford Scholar shutting down at end of June

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad news for Victorian fans in that the official Lions venue to show games in Melbourne, the Oxford Scholar, will be shutting down at the end of the month.

the club should organise a pub in Fitzroy... there was a thread with good pubs with Fitzroy memorabilia recently. two that spring to mind with Foxtel are the Rose and the North Fitzroy Arms. The Rose might be a touch small...

how many people have been attending games at Oxford Scholar ZoBlitz?

the club should organise a pub in Fitzroy... there was a thread with good pubs with Fitzroy memorabilia recently. two that spring to mind with Foxtel are the Rose and the North Fitzroy Arms. The Rose might be a touch small...

Royal Derby maybe? They play the footy on big screens there but unsure if they have a Lions affiliation.

It's not a huge amount in the last year or so to be honest. Less than ten, probably less than six most weeks.

Edit: to be honest, sometimes it's like three people.

It's not a huge amount in the last year or so to be honest. Less than ten, probably less than six most weeks.

Edit: to be honest, sometimes it's like three people.

Do I get bonus points for trying to name and shame the three?

Sad news for Victorian fans in that the official Lions venue to show games in Melbourne, the Oxford Scholar, will be shutting down at the end of the month.

You ok buddy?

So this thread is really about finding you, Tairy and Tess a new watering hole? What if we all chip in for a Foxtel subscription?
We've already got that. Need some excuse to leave the house occasionally...

What a shame. Been there 3 or 4 times in the last few years and would have gone more often if I lived closer.

Was a nice feeling to have a lions bastion in the heart of Melbourne :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this is just great, now I have to drink on the streets and watch the game on my mobile. It's the only logical conclusion to this problem!!

I thought this deserved its own thread as Malcom the Publican has been so good to the Lions and very sad to here the oxford Scholar is closing its doors this Friday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...s/news-story/f01c8e1341d12865517cf4f978bdc7a1

I know several bigfooty Lions posters including Blynd Freddie are regulars there and it has been great to have a pub in Melbourne that will show Lions games with sound regardless of what else is on and the Ox has hosted some great functions and has great Fitzroy/Lions memrobillia hanging up on the walls.

Thank you Malcolm for the great job you have done running your pub and for it has made to being a great place to watch Lions games.

Those in Melbourne should pop in for a beer before Friday if you get the chance.

Sorry didn't see this thread.

Hope Malcolm hasn't lost big $$ on it but I would say running it for 25 years he would be well ahead.

I ran a charity event there a few years ago and he went out of his way to help, even paid for his own ticket to the event at his own venue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back