Streaming Ozark - Netflix

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

The Breaking Bad finale rated a 9.9 lol. Weird example to use.

Ozark's finale dips significantly from its average to the point it's the worst rated episode by some margin.

I loved the series as a whole but I'm not going put the blinkers on and pretend like that episode was anywhere near the standard they had set

I was more than happy with who "won" with the overarching story. That makes no difference to me either way, I just like good storytelling which is where the finale let itself down

I didn’t mind the finale as such, I just thought the whole thing had run out of steam by then. It all seemed so forced and unconvincing, and sorry to say that by the end of it I found they all started getting on my nerves.

Still, good series overall and quite a ride.

Last edited:
Really? Its one of the worst endings in tv history.

Fair enough to have issues or feel like it had run out of steam (I felt the latter) but it doesn't even get within the same postcode as some of the real stinkers in television history.

Always found it unusual that people cannot accept other's opinions and will argue until the cows come home.
When people become invested in a show they mistakenly attribute the show to their own status and identity. they cant possible be wrong to of invested all this time, told everyone what a great show it is, only for the showrunners to reveal that they had no grand plan of where it was going. no great climax to finish it off. That would make them wrong and the thought of being wrong creates cognitive dissonance (literal pain and confusion). so instead many reject the concept that they were wrong. they convince themselves that it was great. Look for the tiniest of reasons why the finale was the only way to end. Even when game of thrones was producing a rushed ending that was so bad it should of never seen the light of day some people not only defended it but claimed it was a great fitting ending. They simply had invested too much.

Last edited:
Fair enough to have issues or feel like it had run out of steam (I felt the latter) but it doesn't even get within the same postcode as some of the real stinkers in television history.
I dont get to the end of that many shows and am very selective with what shows i watch so you may be right. i probably have only finished about 10 long running shows in the past two decades.

but of the shows i have made it to the end its only better than game of thrones. About on par with Lost for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit late to the party here but finally finished it.

Loved the Wendy character, she was such a Machiavellian caricature; at some.points it seemed over acted but that was done consistently enough to be part of the character. Oh and she is a bad, bad egg. Very unlikable.

The road rage / fist fight / Wendy saying "suck my utensil" scene will go down as one of the most darkly funny bits of no sequitur comic relief in my TV viewing history. It cracked me up and I loved the tension it broke for Marty and Wendy.

The last episode: I didn't expect Wendy to get redemption. That didn't seem right. I think like others here say a lot happened too fast for no reason almost. The result was portended though: th episode where Ruth daydreams about the Byrdes living the rich, legit life in Chicago and saying why can't it be her: bit of destiny at play there.

Also, there was a time when someone (can't remember who) said of the Byrdes that God would always know or something to that effect. Yes, the Byrdes got out and are rich and powerful. But I think Ruth will forever play on their minds (at least Jonah and Marty's) and so they'll never be "free" in that sense.

It was a good series. Last ep not terrible bit it was a bit weak.

Just got to the finale.

Am I the only one who thought it was a little ambiguous who Jonah shot?

If it was intentionally vague (ie maybe he had enough and turned on Wendy) then it’s annoying and if he did kill Mel then yes, it’s annoying that the Byrdes got away with it.

The last few episodes were good, and it’s not a disastrous ending. Just a weird point to end it, and bizarre there was no real comeuppance for them.

Just got to the finale.

Am I the only one who thought it was a little ambiguous who Jonah shot?

If it was intentionally vague (ie maybe he had enough and turned on Wendy) then it’s annoying and if he did kill Mel then yes, it’s annoying that the Byrdes got away with it.

The last few episodes were good, and it’s not a disastrous ending. Just a weird point to end it, and bizarre there was no real comeuppance for them.

I didnt think there was any ambiguity and the writers have confirmed that it was Mel he shot and killed

I didnt think there was any ambiguity and the writers have confirmed that it was Mel he shot and killed
I’ve seen comments from the show runner but it seems more than a few people also thought he might have been shooting Wendy. More than a few articles etc.

I actually thought that was what was coming until the fade to black - ie he twigged that there would always be collateral damage as long as she kept going.

Not that well done.

I’ve seen comments from the show runner but it seems more than a few people also thought he might have been shooting Wendy. More than a few articles etc.

I actually thought that was what was coming until the fade to black - ie he twigged that there would always be collateral damage as long as she kept going.

Not that well done.
Fan fiction.

Trying to put my finger on where the show lost its punch, and for me it was the Cartel. The show grabbed you by the scruff of the neck straight away with the terrifying ruthlessness and pure evil of these people, and their constant threat drove a lot of the drama.

With the demise of Helen (the best character in the series for mine) we were left with Navarro (surely the least scary Mexican drug kingpin imaginable) and Javi (a moustache twirling cartoon character), and much of the menace was gone. Even Nelson gets stitched up...by Rachael??!! By the end the Cartel were just hapless. Camilla righted the ship a little but it was too late. The KC “mob“ were even more insipid (don’t even want to go there).

Maybe this was intentional in order to push Wendy to the top of the villain pile, but by then the tension had fizzled out.

Last edited:
Del was clearly the most terrifying of the cartel group. I didnt have a problem with them being killed off by randos at any point though. The threat of the cartel is them as a group not any one individual.

Not that well done.

Never thought that was even a remote possibility to be honest. I wasnt a huge fan of the ending but Jonah killing his own mother after the story arc he has had would have been the most wtf awful writing I can remember

Del was clearly the most terrifying of the cartel group. I didnt have a problem with them being killed off by randos at any point though. The threat of the cartel is them as a group not any one individual.
Fair point- Del >>>Navarro, Javi certainly. Liked Helen overall as a more complex character, as she was brilliantly played. Loved Ruth’s quote about her:

“I kind of thought of Helen like some big ******* machine, like a thresher or something. I didn’t think she could be killed.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back