mandy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2001
Heaven
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
I think I was just confused about what it was trying to be. It was very brutal and there were times where I had to watch through a hand covering my eyes. Very shocking were some scenes. But I also laughed out loud. It was quite funny too.

Overall I liked it. I think. I was definitely invested from the first episode and easily binged it in one night.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Just finished Ep 5 and I'm quite enjoying it.

I think one of the best things about Bateman's character is that you find yourself starting to root for him, and then he reminds you that he's a dick with another self-centred remark to his family. Quite a lot of fun to watch.

The twin..
U know

We know who you were thinking about Gaso:

d77392f9df1dec5ecc19c0d6f85a8e76.jpg

3rd Grade Maggy

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2004
In the Finals ...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
Just finished it. Don't know what to think - thought it was a bit of a meh ending. Has it been picked up for a second season? If so can they take the blue/grey filter off the camera please?

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Enjoyed this series. There were a couple of filler episodes but mostly good story and made you want to know what would happen next. It seemed like the better stuff was directed by Bateman. Nice use of Beethoven Concerto No 2 in the final episode.

Just finished this and very impressed. I reckon it could work well on a week to week basis as well. Glad it got a 2nd season.

Loved the dual (for want of a better word) villains... That's 2 in a row that Peter Mullan has absolutely nailed following on from 'Quarry'. I also feel that Jason Butler Harner played the FBI agent role very well.

There was one scene in the final episode that I definitely could have done without, since I'd prefer my "uncomfortable" moments not to come so cheaply.
Pastor baptising child in the river

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just finished this and very impressed. I reckon it could work well on a week to week basis as well. Glad it got a 2nd season.

Loved the dual (for want of a better word) villains... That's 2 in a row that Peter Mullan has absolutely nailed following on from 'Quarry'. I also feel that Jason Butler Harner played the FBI agent role very well.

There was one scene in the final episode that I definitely could have done without, since I'd prefer my "uncomfortable" moments not to come so cheaply.
Pastor baptising child in the river

Yep...re spoiler....looked sickeningly about to happen.

Just finished this last night. Really enjoyed it but I kinda hope there isn't another season but wifey went onto imdb afterwards and it had a season 2 there but no dates or details..

I don't mind Jason Bateman. Loved Arrested Development but he is not a really good actor. He works in a specific type of role and that's it. What you see is what you get.

Couple of things..
His acting was terrible when he was getting his toe nails pulled. He's obviously never lost a nail because it's ******* excruciating yet within 5 seconds of it happening he was seemingly over it.

Secondly, I'm not much of a gun nut but if that redneck hillbilly bitch had really blown the Mexican's head off with that shotgun at such close proximity, Jason Bateman's head would have taken just as much damage surely?

Loved the 'I killed Jimmy Hoffa' conversation too.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just finished this last night. Really enjoyed it but I kinda hope there isn't another season but wifey went onto imdb afterwards and it had a season 2 there but no dates or details..

I don't mind Jason Bateman. Loved Arrested Development but he is not a really good actor. He works in a specific type of role and that's it. What you see is what you get.

Couple of things..
His acting was terrible when he was getting his toe nails pulled. He's obviously never lost a nail because it's ******* excruciating yet within 5 seconds of it happening he was seemingly over it.

Secondly, I'm not much of a gun nut but if that redneck hillbilly bitch had really blown the Mexican's head off with that shotgun at such close proximity, Jason Bateman's head would have taken just as much damage surely?

Loved the 'I killed Jimmy Hoffa' conversation too.

Agree with Spoiler comments.

Ridiculous re the nail.

Back