Streaming Ozark - Netflix

Streaming Television
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
then why have spoiler tags at all?

From memory the loose rule for TV shows used to be spoiler tags up until the 'air' time in Australia? ie. people for people getting stuff on torrent or wherever. After Foxtel show it, free for all.

Obviously a bit murkier with Netflix shows as you generally get the whole season released in one hit. I'd love to discuss this show on an ep by ep basis but not sure how you do that in this format while still avoiding spoilers, so you kinda just have to wait until you've finished the season - which for me is usually a good month or 2 after its release :(

From memory the loose rule for TV shows used to be spoiler tags up until the 'air' time in Australia? ie. people for people getting stuff on torrent or wherever. After Foxtel show it, free for all.

Obviously a bit murkier with Netflix shows as you generally get the whole season released in one hit. I'd love to discuss this show on an ep by ep basis but not sure how you do that in this format while still avoiding spoilers, so you kinda just have to wait until you've finished the season - which for me is usually a good month or 2 after its release :(
yeah thats why I stayed out of this thread until I had finished the series

Fairly sure someone from the show has confirmed he is dead.
Pretty sure he is dead but as good as the character and actor were I don’t see the point in continuing on into next season. It’s not going to get better than that ep when he and Wendy are on the road. And his death really adds to what Wendy has become. It would be a real cop out he did come back.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Ben ruined that season for me. i didn't find him even remotely believable or relatable so it kinda ruined every scene he was in.
otherwise it was more of the same, which is a good thing.
Isn't that the whole point with Ben though? I thought his character was handled really well. S3E9 was the best episode in the whole series IMO.

Such a fantastic show. Helen was my favourite character, what an absolute badass. And you just know when Nelson turns up in that Escalade in ANY scene that shits about to go down.
Speaking of which, the end scene of season 3 wasn't all that surprising to me. You can clearly see Nelson walking into position before it. And Helen was never going to see season 4.

The only character I didn't like was Mason.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty sure he is dead but as good as the character and actor were I don’t see the point in continuing on into next season. It’s not going to get better than that ep when he and Wendy are on the road. And his death really adds to what Wendy has become. It would be a real cop out he did come back.

They really went out of their way to show he was a screw up and he really had to die.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Isn't that the whole point with Ben though? I thought his character was handled really well. S3E9 was the best episode in the whole series IMO.

Ben was a great addition and again the key for them will be to introduce new characters in season 4 that will have the same effect.

I would of liked to have seen more of Tuck.

And I found Mason very annoying!

then why have spoiler tags at all?

For leaks and/or production news (or book readers when GOT was around) that give away plot details. They're probably more relevant for shows that generate week to week discussion than Netflix shows that arrive with bulk episodes.

Much like any week to week show or a movie, you're playing with fire entering the thread. Some people might use spoiler tags as a courtesy the first couple of days, most people won't.

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Although Laura Linney is great its Jason Bateman that makes the series.

He does what some of the great actors do (e.g. Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones) is that he compels you to work out what he is feeling or is not feeling under the surface rather than obviously displaying it.

Smashed out all 3 seasons since the sh*te hit the fan with the Coronavirus. Absolutely love it. Cracking climax to season 3. Looking forward to season 4 especially where they take Jonah’s character. Reckon Linney (Wendy) and Garner (Ruth) are bloody awesome in this show!

Same here. Smashed out 3 seasons and have loved it. Definite BB vibes about the show.

I only just finished S3 a couple of days ago, and I didn't come in here at all because of spoilers.
Luckily I did the same as I expected spoilers to be posted everywhere and they were

Glad that HBF has finished judging from all those likes haha.

Luckily I did the same as I expected spoilers to be posted everywhere and they were

Yeah with the modern way of showing TV series it can be problematic, I generally just avoid BigFooty until the end. On the show's subreddit, they do often strongly enforce spoilers, though, so that can be a 'safe haven' if you want to discuss episodes as they go.

Glad that HBF has finished judging from all those likes haha.

Yeah with the modern way of showing TV series it can be problematic, I generally just avoid BigFooty until the end. On the show's subreddit, they do often strongly enforce spoilers, though, so that can be a 'safe haven' if you want to discuss episodes as they go.

Yeah finished it on Tuesday night, after getting through 3 seasons in a few weeks.
Absolutely loved it from start to finish.
Bring on season 4.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball

Such a fantastic show. Helen was my favourite character, what an absolute badass. And you just know when Nelson turns up in that Escalade in ANY scene that shits about to go down.
Speaking of which, the end scene of season 3 wasn't all that surprising to me. You can clearly see Nelson walking into position before it. And Helen was never going to see season 4.

The whole thing was top quality. When is the next season coming? Like Get Shorty , brilliant when is the next season coming anyone know?

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Haven’t commented on it in here before but I absolutely love this show.

bateman is amazingly likeable for a dude tangled up in what he’s involved in.

ruth Langmore is the best played character on television. Utterly amazing.

the fact that it is able to recognise the absurdity of the hard to believe aspects - like Wyatt banging a pensioner, which he acknowledges as being completely bent, makes it a better show than others that have that sort of oddness to them.

Back