Ozbargain

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Silent Alarm, May 1, 2018.

Put it out there
  1. Silent Alarm

Silent Alarm Is your bed made? Is your sweater on?

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Gunners, Milwaukee
    Not a scrooge (it's actually my most hated trait) but I love a bargain and more so just like checking them out. So who uses this website daily? Ever gotten a great deal on there? What's the best you've seen? etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. JG22

JG22 Norm Smith Medallist

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Used to often visit many years ago looking for deals on games/consoles.

Remember a crazy AirNZ flight return LA for $800 or something. Never booked it.

Should use more

3. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Norm Smith Medallist

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Geelong
    Use it very frequently and have had some massive savings on there. Really good when people list deals for places I don't check frequently. When I needed a second screen for my PC someone a day early had put up that Officeworks were having clearances on older stock, and got a $400 benq monitor for $64.

Plus I travel a ton, so great for cheap flights, travel sims, and the forums have a lot of good stuff in there too.

4. Gigantic

Gigantic Norm Smith Medallist

GWS
    Other teams:
    Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
    Yep, check it every so often but find it leads to excessive spending and contributes too much to my materialistic desires.

I nabbed a few $40 TM Lewin business shirts the other week, which I really needed though.

JG22 likes this.
  5. Silent Alarm

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Gunners, Milwaukee
    I just want to go on there and see some return flights to Europe for 400 bucks or something. I think I read on there, some dude stumbled on 150 flights to London that were supposed to be $1050 but there was some weird error.

I very rarely actually go through on the okay looking stuff because I'm more someone who'll walk in, see something cool, and grab it. Pre-planning a purchase doesn't hold the same appeal.

6. 00Stinger

00Stinger Duel Group 1 winner

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
    my mrs bought us both these uggs for $69 each that are usually $200+ a couple of weeks back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7. TDHawks1

TDHawks1 Club Legend

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    NYG
    Cheapest i've ever seen Europe flights were $700-800 return to London or Paris. It's usually through Southern China Air or Royal Brunei and has a huge layover somewhere. Total travel time from Melb to London was 36 hours or something like that. So yes it's cheap but it's not overly convenient or pleasant. It's also important to note that the cheapest price for flights may only be available for specific dates and durations e.g. Melb to London on May 10th, London to Melb on May 17th, which isnt really worth it. The travel deals are usually handeld by iwantthatflight.com, and some of the deals might have restrictions on baggage or meals depending on the airline.

Ozbargain these days is basically a listing of eBay promo codes, and prior to the start of the promo, the eBay sellers "price jack" their products so that the promo doesnt end up saving much once the code and/or postage is applied.

I dont think there's much on offer apart from the travel deals. I was lucky to get a return flight from Melb to Tokyo through JAL (very nice airline, would recommend) with no layovers for under $700 last year.

Otherwise it's mostly eBay codes that give a saving on a lot of tech products, gaming stuff, catalogue items (e.g. Coles - most people have the catalogues delivered anyway), appliances, other useless junk.

8. WoodyPecker

WoodyPecker Premium Platinum

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Wow just found 750g almonds for $9.99, thanks for the tip

james Dean and Gigantic like this.
  9. JG22

JG22 Norm Smith Medallist

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    $687 return flights to LA

do bits

10. TDHawks1

TDHawks1 Club Legend

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    NYG
    And it's a 26 hour one way flight via Guangzhou

**** that

JG22 likes this.
  11. crafty_bernardo

crafty_bernardo Club Legend

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    RBR
    Yeah use it daily to check out electronics, travel.

And 6 McNuggets for 2$ :D woo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. BG32

BG32 Norm Smith Medallist

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Been on it since 2013. Got a lot of great stuff (price errors) but it isn't that good now days. The community is ******* cancer too, stay out of the forums there are some real dickheads and dumb plebs in there.

SHAKESPEARE likes this.
  13. Silent Alarm

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Gunners, Milwaukee
    So it's bigfooty but it can save you 20 bucks on a slab of piss?

14. Great8

Great8 Brownlow Medallist

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Manchester United, Juventus,
    Plenty of worse places to stop over for a day or so but yes there is no way I’d do that in Economy these days