Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of fake tough guys at GWS. I suppose when you aren’t a real club & you have a history of s**tting it on the biggest stages you have to try something.

Would love to see them try the tough guy act against us. Would absolutely love it.
Is that a joke? They bullied us not so long ago - following the nth Melb blueprint. Both teams smashed us.

Nobody can claim to love Varcoe more than you.
If he does get a gig and play well, you would have nailed it fair and square.

He’s certainly a great individual. Brings a lot. Maybe he gets a call up? He’s certainly in the mix.

(I’m not sure where Aish is at, fitness and shoulder wise?)
I think Varcoe could tag Martin effectively if we meet in the GF.

Is that a joke? They bullied us not so long ago - following the nth Melb blueprint. Both teams smashed us.
I think its fair to say we’re a different team since then mate. In a preliminary final with 92,000 Pies fans, that s**t wouldn’t fly.

I wouldn’t read too much into our previous match against GWS. Was at the game and we were flat as a tack and in poor form. Both teams had significant outs. Our backline was Roughead, Howe ( first up ), Quaynor, Appleby, Aish, Crisp.
Adams first game after a break also. I’m confident we’ll be much better if we have to play them.

If we don't make the GF re.. I f swear man. Imma purchase every Jamie Shagahand footy card available.. spread em out on my kitchen table.. and sit there and stare at em until I get return on my investment.

20190910_105843.jpg

I have f had it man.. that's it for me.

Brown stays I like the speed he brings.

If he's only touching it 9 times then he needs to be kicking 2-3 goals or doing a Wills and laying an equal amount of tackles to his possession tally. I think we can only afford 1 of he and JT. Wells needs to be seriously looked at for the prelim. He's the X factor that could win us a flag. It's now or never.

If he's only touching it 9 times then he needs to be kicking 2-3 goals or doing a Wills and laying an equal amount of tackles to his possession tally. I think we can only afford 1 of he and JT. Wells needs to be seriously looked at for the prelim. He's the X factor that could win us a flag. It's now or never.

Agreed re Wells. This his chance. He was bought to the club to be exactly that, the X-Factor that wins us a flag/s.

If his body can't hold up in the 2 weeks when the club needs him the most, what does he offer us?

It's 2 games of football (and would be on limited minutes), not asking for the world (aka a season or even a month of football), but 2 matches, and I think like T Boyd of the dogs, all the headaches he has caused us will be quickly forgiven.

Oh jeez, here we go again. Another two weeks of people calling for a limping unfit Wells to be played.......

It ain't happening. Forget it.
Can you give me the next months lotto numbers then??

Not my choice either but X factor is X factor - given the right (desperate) factors he WILL be selected.

10 minutes on and off the bench is doable and he has proven over a long period he only needs 4 or 5 kicks to turn a game.

It SHOULDN'T happen but it could.

Depends on whether Buckley thinks Brown is performing his team role correctly. It’s tough to judge Brown from afar without being in the inner circle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you give me the next months lotto numbers then??

Not my choice either but X factor is X factor - given the right (desperate) factors he WILL be selected.

10 minutes on and off the bench is doable and he has proven over a long period he only needs 4 or 5 kicks to turn a game.

It SHOULDN'T happen but it could.
Of course it could happen if there a number of injuries. That's pretty unlikely.

Anyway, you will see that posters are wanting him in the team anyway (regardless of injury) as some sort of Hail Mary solution.

It's not happening barring catastrophe at training.

Of course it could happen if there a number of injuries. That's pretty unlikely.

Anyway, you will see that posters are wanting him in the team anyway (regardless of injury) as some sort of Hail Mary solution.

It's not happening barring catastrophe at training.
No such solutions are necassary - we proved last year that we can overcome serious injury disadvantages and remain ultra competitive.

However if Stevo or Billy go down all bets are off.

Agreed re Wells. This his chance. He was bought to the club to be exactly that, the X-Factor that wins us a flag/s.

If his body can't hold up in the 2 weeks when the club needs him the most, what does he offer us?

It's 2 games of football (and would be on limited minutes), not asking for the world (aka a season or even a month of football), but 2 matches, and I think like T Boyd of the dogs, all the headaches he has caused us will be quickly forgiven.
No chance on what I saw Friday night. He was half pace most of the night and clearly limping.

Flogs in the media are hilarious. Bulldogs are apparently still in better form than Collingwood.

I love how we're flying under the radar, no one wants to rate us but watch them jump on when we go all the way.
Then they’ll simply say:

Collingwood were the best team all year, only a small patch when they were down.
As we’ve said all year, they have the best mid field led by the best ruckman.
A terrific defence all year.
All year we’ve been saying this....

Blah blah blah

Then they’ll simply say:

Collingwood were the best team all year, only a small patch when they were down.
As we’ve said all year, they have the best mid field led by the best ruckman.
A terrific defence all year.
All year we’ve been saying this....

Blah blah blah

Don’t forget all those games at the mcg

How bad was this supposed strike on Danger by Grundy? Copped 2k fine but Nic Nat and Merrett get just 1k. Surely wasn’t as bad.
This is the issue; for the AFL a hand strike is more dangerous than slam dunking a player into the fence. Ridiculous

No chance on what I saw Friday night. He was half pace most of the night and clearly limping.

Then he has to go. I'm not desperate for him to come in, the thought of him limping off early in a Prelim or the Grand-final terrifies me.

My point was more, that if he is going to do something for this club this has to be it, if his body can't get it done then he offers us nothing.

If we don't make the GF re.. I f swear man. Imma purchase every Jamie Shagahand footy card available.. spread em out on my kitchen table.. and sit there and stare at em until I get return on my investment.

View attachment 743548

I have f had it man.. that's it for me.

This is for you Gimpy (BringouttheGimp ), if you haven't seen it yet.

This is for you Gimpy (BringouttheGimp ), if you haven't seen it yet.

NOT everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back