Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The one area I thought we struggled with tonight was who to direct our long bombs into the 50 to if Mihocek wasn’t presenting or was out of position.

We have had Cox for the majority of the season and then Roughead because Bucks wanted to maintain the structure. For this reason I can see Reid getting selected.

Going in with just 1 tall forward is workable with de Goey in the lineup but without him Reid must come in to provide a physical presence and a legitimate key forward target.

The longer the game went on without de Goey the more we struggled to find a marking target and this was only amplified with our go slow approach in the last quarter.

Going in with just 1 tall forward is workable with de Goey in the lineup but without him Reid must come in to provide a physical presence and a legitimate key forward target.

The longer the game went on without de Goey the more we struggled to find a marking target and this was only amplified with our go slow approach in the last quarter.
I don't think JDG had a hammy to start with, he IMO has OP, he had no power tonight, wait and see I guess.

I had it when I played, campaigner of a thing, you feel right but when push comes to shove you just can't move normally.

Not sure of the current rules but quaterzone injection is the best, to my knowledge they are illegal though and extremely painful.

Last edited:
Obviously they will base changes on who we play and it will be different ins depending on the opponent.

But on first impressions if DeGoey is ruled out, you go with Reid as we do need another tall helping out Mihocek up forward. If Reid isn’t fit, then Shaz comes in and Roughead moves forward.

For Greenwood it’s Aish or Shaz depending on what they decide to do above.

Levi was awesome tonight, just our luck.
Levi was in career best form in the past few months... absolutely devastated if he has done an ACL. Forget about finals, anything other than a career ending injury would be a great result as he recently re-signed for 2020. Hoping for the best for him.

Levi was in career best form in the past few months... absolutely devastated if he has done an ACL. Forget about finals, anything other than a career ending injury would be a great result as he recently re-signed for 2020. Hoping for the best for him.
Shattered for him, heart and soul player and severely underrated, shattered for the team as well, this weakens us substantialy.

He held us together tonight, did some amazing shiat and IMO without him we would've lost.

Some will still call for his head without knowing his injury, frustrating.

He showed what real men do tonight, courage, you can't teach that, he learnt it though. Frank tips his hat to you Levi!.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute rubbish.

This. Aish, Scharenberg and even Madgen could seamlessly come into this 22 to replace Greenwood. A midfielder could also come in easily and Mayne could go back. As much as this is a terrible situation for Greenwood, it wont stop Collingwoods charge.

Same applies for De Goey. Reid is a great replacement and in fact structurally hes probably an uograde.

Last edited:
I like it.

That said, hopefully JDG is OK and plays. He's the type you'd take a risk on.
I disagree, you need his explosiveness. If his hammy is strained he won’t be able to play out a game. I suspect they rest him and hope for a grand final. Unless it was cramp or something less sinister. Wait and see I guess.

This. Aish, Scharenberg and even Madgen could seamlessly come into this 22 to replace Greenwood. A midfielder could also come in easily and Mayne could go back. As much as this is a terrible situation for Greenwood, it wont stop Collingwoods charge.

Same applies for De Goey. Reid is a great replacement and in fact structurally hes probably an uograde.
How many injure prone players can we afford to take into knock out final? One key contributor to victory will be finishing with 22 fit players.

How many injure prone players can we afford to take into knock out final? One key contributor to victory will be finishing with 22 fit players.

You dont worry about "injury prone" as a factor at selection. The are either available for selection or they arent. If they are fit they are available for selection. Pretty simple formula.

If DeGoey isnt fit then Reid comes in. Structurally he gives Mihocek more freedom and also releives Roughead of ruck duties.

Aish or Scharenbeg to replace Greenwood, depending upon matchups and selection strategy

And another will be for an 'injury prone' player to tear the opposition backline a new a-hole when they are trying to get level.

Generalizations are never a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back