Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Grundy is rested for next weeks game.. imma attend the iphone11 convention and get up on my feet like a complete moron.. shake my head in disbelief like I'm witnessing the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ and vigorously applaud every page in the slideshow presentation.

I have f had it man.. I can't do this s**t no more.. I'm done with it man.

We have to make two changes, and I favour Reid for the DeGoey job. Aish is more like Greenwood than Scharenberg is, so is the probable choice for that one. Scharenberg would still be a good selection.
Much as I would like to see Wells or Varcoe in the team, I don't see them pushing anyone out. Brown did not do much last week, and needs above all to get the ball more often, but he seems to me as a sort of complement to Wills, with his speed and smoothness on top of the pressure he brings. On the occasions he gets clear with the ball, he does have the capacity to deliver off the straight and narrow, and only Wells on our list does a lot of that.

So I see only the two forced changes. We are better off in defence than last year when there were so few fit defenders available, and not many of those the first choices for their position. Up forward, and in the backup ruck position we are a lot worse off than last year. Reid at least addresses some of this.

Interesting that people have suggested they seen Wells limping throughout the practice match last weekend. I was just in Williamstown and walked past Wells grabbing a coffee - my first thought was there was a little limp there...
A little limp can happen to the best of us. Hopefully the coffee will help!

Explains why you put Sidebottom and Wells in the same category when we were talking about fitness then.

If only that was what I did....

If Grundy is rested for next weeks game.. imma attend the iphone11 convention and get up on my feet like a complete moron.. shake my head in disbelief like I'm witnessing the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ and vigorously applaud every page in the slideshow presentation.

I have f had it man.. I can't do this s**t no more.. I'm done with it man.
If we f lose the prelim man... I'm gonna resign from my current role as a successful multi nat CEO, buy a white 2011 corolla hatch, and start delivering for Uber Eats.

That's it for me re... the straw that broke the camel's back. I've had it!

If we f lose the prelim man... I'm gonna resign from my current role as a successful multi nat CEO, buy a white 2011 corolla hatch, and start delivering for Uber Eats.

That's it for me re... the straw that broke the camel's back. I've had it!

If we f lose this man.. I f swear man.. imma engage in forced hyperventilation and fainting and s**t in the iPhone 11 presentation that I slept overnight to attend.. when they show how the dual camera system catches more of a view.. like who gives a flying f re..

I have f had it man.. I simply can't go on. I'm done with it.

Its amazing some people seem to be desperate that Wells doesn't play - some of them his more vocal critics.

I'm in the 'he shouldn't play' basket myself but certainly not desperate to deny any chance of him playing.

Considering he hasn't come anywhere near paying the club back for taking a punt on him you would imagine a balanced and thoughtful supporter would welcome the 'possibility' of him repaying the clubs faith in him.

Truly mystifying some people.

Its amazing some people seem to be desperate that Wells doesn't play - some of them his more vocal critics.

I'm in the 'he shouldn't play' basket myself but certainly not desperate to deny any chance of him playing.

Considering he hasn't come anywhere near paying the club back for taking a punt on him you would imagine a balanced and thoughtful supporter would welcome the 'possibility' of him repaying the clubs faith in him.

Truly mystifying some people.

I'd love to see him play. If he is fit, roll the dice.

But then again, for me, I'm in the "Moore should have played in the GF last year" camp. So probably dont want my opinion :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then they’ll simply say:

Collingwood were the best team all year, only a small patch when they were down.
As we’ve said all year, they have the best mid field led by the best ruckman.
A terrific defence all year.
All year we’ve been saying this....

Blah blah blah
You do realise The Footy Show etc are targeted at 14 yo males. If your intellect is above fart jokes watch a quality drama, documentary or read a book.

If we f lose this man.. I f swear man.. imma engage in forced hyperventilation and fainting and s**t in the iPhone 11 presentation that I slept overnight to attend.. when they show how the dual camera system catches more of a view.. like who gives a flying f re..

I have f had it man.. I simply can't go on. I'm done with it.
You do realise that in a 2 horse race the odds of losing are approx 50%

Definitely warming to the idea of Reid in for De Goey, I was against it initially straight after the Cats game

I'd love to see Varcoe back too though, could he squeeze in ahead of Cal Brown?

So you think you are the only competitor to ever try hard. Give me a break! If we happen to lose I hope that it is done gracefully and the cry babies and sooks (albeit a minority) can keep to themselves.
tenor.gif

Geebus, get a Doc in here this guy needs a sense of humour transplant.

Scharenberg.
After watching some replays this week, I think his omission had more to do with playing the cats and a match up for him. He definitely has pace limitations but he makes up for it in other areas. He plays a bit loose as a tight marker but really judges the flight well and once in possession he draws a player and releases to good effect. He is also very courageous and a forward is made to earn a possession when competing with him. His kicking lacks penetration but he distributes within his limitations and very rarely seems flustered.
I’m no footy expert, but is he a chance to come back in against a certain team or was he dropped for other reasons such as form? Does he need a match up to be selected?

^^Agree. I don't think there was any issue with his form. The Cats were too small and too quick up forward to play him. Reckon he definitely plays against the Giants, could match up on Himmelberg. Brisbane less certain but possible.

He's a fair way ahead of Aish simply for having played AFL recently. If there's a matchup for him and we feel the mix is right I definitely see him playing ahead of Aish.

I know people are high on Noble but I don't think he was a certainty to play the Prelim. The injury to Greenwood does solidify his spot though. He was "good" against the Cats but did make a lot of errors or rushed decisions, especially early. That said, Aish is also not very safe with ball in hand, especially after not having played for so long.

In: Reid/ Varcoe, Scharenberg
Out: De Goey, Greenwood

Seems like 1 of these 2 will happen. And very different strategies so it’s interesting to see which way we go. I’d probably go with Varcoe

IN: Reid, Aish, Varcoe
OUT: DeGoey (injured), Greenwood (injured), Brown (omitted)

After a lot of thought we must select Reid if he is fit and 100% which from all reports he is. We got lucky with a lot of aerial errors by the Geelong backs that GWS and Brisbane would not commit in the air IMO.

Aish is the no brainer replacement for Greenwood for mine, not much of a debate. If the opposition has a taller forward line I would drop Noble for Scharenberg or shift Mayne into a more defensive role.

Brown is very stiff, but just didn't do enough last Friday. I feel very strongly that Varcoe should have played last week (in place of Thomas) because he just does intangible things on the field that make a difference. Like those Howe/Elliott smothers, Varcoe does those 1% that are worth their weight in gold and he is a guy I would want next to me in a final.

Obviously a lot of water to go under the bridge but once we find out the opponent my mind will probably change again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back