Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will definitely be a late change for them. Corr, Taylor, Davis and Keefe is too tall, especially when it might be a little wet. They also have Tomlinson, Finlayson, Cameron and Himmelberg as talks, then there is Mumford. That is 9 taller players who are better in the air than on the ground.

Given we have only Moore, Grundy, Roughead, Mihocek and Reid, we should have at least 3 extra runners.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
There will definitely be a late change for them. Corr, Taylor, Davis and Keefe is too tall, especially when it might be a little wet. They also have Tomlinson, Finlayson, Cameron and Himmelberg as talks, then there is Mumford. That is 9 taller players who are better in the air than on the ground.

Given we have only Moore, Grundy, Roughead, Mihocek and Reid, we should have at least 3 extra runners.
Grundy and mihocek are good at ground level and cover a lot of territory, so 5 extra runners:)

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
They have to get the ball first in the middle. And then they have to mark it.

We need to deny them those chances as much as possible and bring it to ground when it does go forward.

Exactly. Their tall forwards will only kill us if their midfield kills us. The absence of Colignio Dekedio Whitfield and Greene is obviously to our advantage but they still have a very strong midfield that can’t be taken lightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ThePhantom777

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2014
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you’re not in Preliminary Finals mode yet...
Watch This
Thanks for sharing mate. Geez the commentators get salty when Pies dominate. Poor old Richo (who I actually like) you could hear the sadness in his voice toward the end of the first quarter.

Fantastic stuff, hopefully we can start that well tomorrow and get another win.

DeGoey was huge.

gappa

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wills is our talisman this year.
I thought Noble was?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Keefe in huh?

So are they gonna try and stretch us in defence again or will Keefe go to Reid?

Their defense already had Davis, Corr, and Taylor without even considering Haynes so not sure there's a spot for Keeffe back there.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
It's my folks 50th anniversary today re.. can't think of a better gift than a premiership.. if not.. it's gonna cost me 30 odd gorillas.. Mazda CX5.. funded by the 250 gorillas I pocketed for meself after I sold the ol' mans Monaro at auction re.. finally convinced the ol' man to send it to the wreckers re.. but he doesn't need to know that..

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
GWS are going in with a VERY tall line-up. I think they'll be too slow and cumbersome, especially if there's a bit of moisture. Pies' line-up looks much more balanced by comparison.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just got back from walking the dog. I passed a magpie sitting in a tree. It stared at me calmly. Proud, resolute and ready to unleash hell.

Go get them boys, Grand Final 45 awaits.
More likely it was looking for you to turn your back then swoop onto your head and gouge your eyes out in a way that Toby Greene could only dream of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back