Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Magnificent Seven

Bucks Lockdown Beard, The Sherriff, Rrrooocccaaa
Jun 4, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I reckon Reid will be the high half-forward, either linking up on the wing (which he did really well before his injury) or providing a marking option on the 50m arc. Hopefully will draw one of Davis and/or Keeffe with him and open up space closer to the goalsquare for Elliot/Mihocek/Stevo

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Good luck to Reidy in his milestone match! A goal or two and some solid ruck munutes would be fantastic

And good luck to Aishy also. I'd have personally gone Shaz, and manufacture Howey as the loose, but that's why I'm here and the match committee is there!

I'm an Aish fan so good to see him back still, hopefully a strong return first up from 8 weeks off

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think the point is that Howe can play small.

I’m not arguing for Scharenberg, just saying.
I wouldn’t say he can play as small as players such as Lloyd and Daniels. You would assume a mix of Noble, Maynard, Crisp would take the smaller players, and GWS only have 2 or 3, so there just wouldn’t really be a match up for Howe or shaz

The decathlete Stein cleaned him out last time if I recall correctly. Not sure Giants will be too worried about him.
I hope they don't worry about him. The thing with Mihocek is that he's bloody smart, when teams don't worry about him enough and try to sag off him, he drops into dangerous holes and burns them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Guess I better call you Melvin then, Mr Gimp. They wont let my Labrador on the plane next week... and I couldnt get a dog sitter. So a road trip it is!

That's the spirit re.. if you want my playlist.. lemme know.. it'll make the drive more relaxing and enjoyable.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
The media to easily forget those long sidelined (outside of Prince Rance) and we have more than just de Goey missing from our absolute best 22.

A healthy in both mind and body Beams would be in my 22 alongside Langdon while I'm sure Cox and Greenwood would be in serious contention in the mind of the coach.

I have a quiet confidence that the quality of our team, the hostile Collingwood home crowd and recent loss of Greene, Whitfield and Coniglio will prove a bridge to far for GWS.

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
We have a real strength in the midfield, especially with Grundy acting as an extra midfielder. We will be fresh and they will be sore. I heard on the radio Kelly was not 100 per cent. We bat deep in the midfield, Giants will be putting a lot on the shoulders of a few in there.

Mentioned on the main board, I have real concerns of dirty tactics by Mumford to even things up.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Want to buy a standing room ticket!

I’d love to buy a standing room ticket, can anyone help?

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Eric_Melvin said:
Guess I better call you Melvin then, Mr Gimp. They wont let my Labrador on the plane next week... and I couldnt get a dog sitter. So a road trip it is!
That's the spirit re.. if you want my playlist.. lemme know.. it'll make the drive more relaxing and enjoyable.
Suggestion for good souva stop off joint could be just as useful as playlist ...??
better still - do both together...

ride56

Enforcer
Dec 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Their team from last week:

FB: Phil Davis (197) ~ Aidan Corr (195) ~ Tim Taranto
HB: Heath Shaw ~ Sam Taylor (196) ~ Nick Haynes (193)
C: Lachie Whitfield ~ Jacob Hopper ~ Jeremy Finlayson (196)
HF: Josh Kelly ~ Jeremy Cameron (196) ~ Brent Daniels
FF: Adam Tomlinson (194) ~ Zac Williams ~ Matt de Boer
FOL: Shane Mumford (197) ~ Harry Perryman ~ Toby Greene
I/C: Harry Himmelberg (194) ~ Daniel Lloyd ~ Adam Kennedy ~ Sam J. Reid

E: J. Hately, I. Cumming, L. Keeffe (204), I. Hill

I reckon they were going to be top heavy against us anyway and would likely drop at least 1 of Tomlinson, Taylor or Corr but they're definitely a tall side. Losing Greene and now potentially Whitfield hits them in a demographic they'd least like to change. Based on their emergencies I'd assume all of Hately, Cumming and Hill would be in the frame.
Moore and Roughead tower over those guys and Howe plays tall guys easily, as we have a zone type defense. Picking out their guys without any comparison is a pretty weak way to prepare an argument. Regardless Reid is in with Aish so it's a 50/50 split I just hope Reid doesn't succumb to injury and kicks a bag

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Eric_Melvin said:

Suggestion for good souva stop off joint could be just as useful as playlist ...??
better still - do both together...
View attachment 749379

20190920_152635.jpg

Or you can try Kivotos.. get shitfaced there.. break a few plates and that re.

I'm Greek re.. so don't go to too many Greek restaurants. Does a cobller wear a good pair of shoes? Same s**t re.

Leaving Roughead in defence was the right call against Geelong and bringing in Reid to replace de Goey is the right selection decision for the game against GWS.

Well done.

IF Reid stays Injury Free for the Whole Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back