Roast P*ss weak AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I cant believe Watson is handing in his medal. I am not defending Essendon and his decision, but the p*ss weak AFL could not make a decision against a large Victoria team. They have sat on fence for years and show no leadership on this. And to think, Cotchin will now win a brownlow - the softest brownlow in history!!!!

He was pushed to make the decision and the AFL sit back like a bloated version of the SANFL with no forward thinking or leadership.

Be warned, soccer is coming and other sports. I watch my kids. AFL arrogant not transformation mindset is toxic.

Rant over

I cant believe Watson is handing in his medal. I am not defending Essendon and his decision, but the p*ss weak AFL could not make a decision against a large Victoria team. They have sat on fence for years and show no leadership on this. And to think, Cotchin will now win a brownlow - the softest brownlow in history!!!!

He was pushed to make the decision and the AFL sit back like a bloated version of the SANFL with no forward thinking or leadership.

Be warned, soccer is coming and other sports. I watch my kids. AFL arrogant not transformation mindset is toxic.

Rant over

I agree that the league has been gutless here but if you think Jobe should've been disqualified then it's Cotchin's (and Mitchell's) medal for the taking fair and square.

They should receive it at the 2017 Brownlow night and a blown out Swanny should present it as the 2011 winner.

Meh. He should've handed it in once found guilty and avoided the whole kerfuffle that's gone on about it since then. If any of the appeals were successful in ultimately proving him/them innocent then the AFL could've handed it back.

I don't have an opinion on how to award the medal for that year. Either award the runners uppers with asterisks against every 'guilty' Bombers players names indicating their ineligibleness, or just strike it from the record all together. I don't have a preference.

I don't know for sure but maybe the AFL gave him the opportunity to make a decision before they made if for him. Whether that's right or wrong I'm not sure but I can see the argument either way.
In the end we've got the right outcome and as much as I don't rate Cotchin, he was second at the time.

There is no way that Watson could keep the Brownlow. Most sportsmen found guilty of using PED's are stripped of their title or awards and if Watson had been allowed to retain his Brownlow the AFL's credibility would have been tarnished, particularly after Andrew Demetriou's 'Backest Day in Australian Sport' postulating. I agree that once again the AFL has been found wanting and they probably exerted behind the scenes pressure to force Watson to hand the Brownlow back. That saves the AFL the embarrassment of having to strip Watson of the medal.

The official results of the Tours de France between 1999 and 2005 are shown as 'Voided' and no winner was declared after Lance Armstrong was stripped of his titles and maybe that should also happen in this instance. Not sure why I am inclined to think that but it simply seems the right thing to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to think, Cotchin will now win a brownlow - the softest brownlow in history!!!!
130517_Woewodin.jpg

wat

Rant over
Forward thinking like us taking the game to china and the AFL well you know.
They have sat on the fence on most things since gillon took over. The bloke is a dead set drop kick imo.
I think they still have too much of the victoria is afl mindset instead of national competition evolution of the game with the exception of gws and gold coast. Equalization my arse. Some teams are being left behind due to these inconsistencies.

Just waiting for Adelade City to come into mix again so I can start to watch both codes again

Just waiting for Adelade City to come into mix again so I can start to watch both codes again

Norwood will get into the AFL before AC gets into the A-League i.e. around about never (as great as it would be).

Norwood will get into the AFL before AC gets into the A-League i.e. around about never (as great as it would be).

Lol as if the A-League would ever introduce a team with history. They'd be more likely to create the North Adelaide Triumphs out of thin air, plonk 11 random soccer players from around the country in their focus group designed guernsey, and start selling memberships.

That whole competition is a league full of Gold Coast Suns and GWS Giants, and you wonder why nobody cares.

They are so farking weak.
"We might punish GWS by taking their number 15 draft pick.That will show them"
What about punish them by taking number 2 I think it was?

Lol as if the A-League would ever introduce a team with history. They'd be more likely to create the North Adelaide Triumphs out of thin air, plonk 11 random soccer players from around the country in their focus group designed guernsey, and start selling memberships.

That whole competition is a league full of Gold Coast Suns and GWS Giants, and you wonder why nobody cares.

Nah word on the street is that the SA2 licence is between the Kent Town Campaigners and the Hahndorf Schutzstaffel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back