heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Speed through the middle of the ground is a issue that Jlo has even addressed we need to fix with hill,Langdon etc gone. We definitely need to bring some quick mids in through the draft but for a quicker fix would be good to see more of Henry and switkowski running through the midfield next year more as a permanent thing than stints we saw this year. Thoughts ?

Would like to see Henry/Switta running through the middle a bit. Wouldn't hate drafting a silky outside mid with pace with one of our firsts (assuming we get one first this year for Cez).

Obviously pace through the middle would be great, particularly out wide.

The other thing we should be doing more is overlap run off the half backline. The new "stand" rule makes giving the ball to an overlap runner from behind good value and the bonus is that player doesn't need to be lightening quick. People like Young, Wilson, Chapman, Aish and Walker should be providing this run and making the opposition half forwards work like dogs covering these options.

The other thing we should be doing more is overlap run off the half backline. The new "stand" rule makes giving the ball to an overlap runner from behind good value and the bonus is that player doesn't need to be lightening quick. People like Young, Wilson, Chapman, Aish and Walker should be providing this run and making the opposition half forwards work like dogs covering these options.
Loved walkers run and carry through the year. You could prob throw him in with switkowski and Henrey In the middle pace category too. With a full strength back 6 walker could have more of a opportunity through the midfield going into 2022

[/QUOTE
I think Walker would be a standout winger with his pace, ball sense and his disposal gets better with each game.

Would like to see Henry/Switta running through the middle a bit. Wouldn't hate drafting a silky outside mid with pace with one of our firsts (assuming we get one first this year for Cez).

I think the silky outside mid will go the way of the dinosaur. It will all be about being able to win contested ball or receive handball at a stoppage and power away from a stoppage out the front like a stringer, petracca or bailey smith. The days of a brad hill running freely down the wing or running around someone to get a cheapie handball are long gone. With the stand rule the kicked ball can always travel faster than your legs.

Brayshaw looks like he might have the power in the legs to develop into that with a bit more work in the gym. Walker physically could though ball winning and finishing might be a problem.

I think the silky outside mid will go the way of the dinosaur. It will all be about being able to win contested ball or receive handball at a stoppage and power away from a stoppage out the front like a stringer, petracca or bailey smith. The days of a brad hill running freely down the wing or running around someone to get a cheapie handball are long gone. With the stand rule the kicked ball can always travel faster than your legs.

Brayshaw looks like he might have the power in the legs to develop into that with a bit more work in the gym. Walker physically could though ball winning and finishing might be a problem.
Perhaps. But I would want to see some evidence of this before I changed my recruiting stratengy.

Guessing we will need to see combine results to comment on pacy mids in a meaningful way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen them lately but equally as good / quick as his brother in junior footy. Maybe suffered a bit from being played in different positions (wing, hff, ruck) whereas Brandon only really played hbf. Both were in state team.

Sent from my RMX2111 using Tapatalk

Forgot all about Frederick. A lot of the guys do need the extra kgs whilst maintaining their agility and speed.

federick and walker on a wing each
Switkowski roving with serong. If Henry can put on a few kgs would be good in there too

gutted that stephen hill is retired

Forgot all about Frederick. A lot of the guys do need the extra kgs whilst maintaining their agility and speed.

federick and walker on a wing each
Switkowski roving with serong. If Henry can put on a few kgs would be good in there too

Yep agree with this - Walker and Freddy have great pace, hopefully we can develop them to play in the middle.

Henry doesn't have the pace of these boys though

Switta through the middle is good in theory but what's the likelihood that he ever strings together more than 3 games before picking up a new injury
Totally agree, he is too injury prone. not holding out hope is the long term solution to our small forward issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back