Packing your suitcase - Do you over do it?

Remove this Banner Ad

How much is too much?

Do you overfill your suitcase before you go on your travels with many unnecessary things that later on you discover you didn’t need to bring with you or do you travel very light and leave a lot of room in your suitcase for purchases you pick up along the way as your travelling.

I tend to overpack a little too much, then I go through everything in the suitcase and try and work out what I need to remove out of it…usually I over do it with the shoes, I tend to pack far too many pairs of shoes but I am getting better at that as time goes on. The old saying is pack everything you need and then take half of it out, easier said than done for some.

When I first started travelling I overpacked a bit. These days I tend to travel very lightly. You can always buy new clothes or pick some cheap ones up at an op shop if you are desperate.

Christ, are you bugging my house?? :eek: I've just dragged the suitcase out to start packing for my trip home to Perth. I know I'm going to overdo it, hopefully I won't go completely crazy this time. Less is more hawkeye, less is more....

hawkeye23 said:
Christ, are you bugging my house?? :eek: I've just dragged the suitcase out to start packing for my trip home to Perth. I know I'm going to overdo it, hopefully I won't go completely crazy this time. Less is more hawkeye, less is more....

Now remember, take out half of what you have packed. :D

Don't pack drunk!!

I did a 2 week trip around Scotland. The day before was the Cambridge v Oxford boat race on The Thames so decided to go and watch that with some friends...roll home at midnight fairly p15sed and I had to pack to go to Edinburgh the next morning and I also had a friend staying in my room for 6 weeks while I was away so I needed to clean up as well.

Get to Edinburgh and start the tour and discover I'd packed 11 pairs of socks, a pair of shoes i would never have taken and only 2 t-shirts for 2 weeks!!

Pantsless said:
Don't pack drunk!!

Well that advice is about 2 years late!

Coming to Japan I got plastered the night before and started packing at 3am for a midday flight. I left so many things I needed in Aus. Coming back to Aus for a holiday I did the same thing and packed about 2 of everything for a 2 week trip. I was wondering why my suitcase was so light.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back