News Paddy Brophy heading back home

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a feeling this might be the case after him not being named for East Perth and then Keys (I think) said he didn't spot Paddy at the game at all.

All the best Paddy!

Good luck to the man. Tough gig I imagine.

First signs of some repair work on the east Perth alignment perhaps?

Shame it didn't work out but he just wasn't quite up to it

Always played with heart though and even if his skills weren't always polished you could never question his effort unlike some of his teammates

The move makes sense for him as he was never going to survive on our list beyond 2017 (cat b rookies can only be on that list for a max of 3 years)

It would have been a good adventure for a young lad and I'm glad the club gave him a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ADAMSON%20Corey.png

FWIW I'm not going to sit here and preach that Adamson was going to be amazing or even make it, but Jesus Christ, Brophy and the club really dicked him over. Dropped to the reserves due to favouritism for other undeserving players, cut due to apparent large salary (seriously, how big could it have been?) and now one of the blokes with a Cat B spot decides he's had enough and is heading home. Reckon he feels like giving Corey, who seemed very keen to carve out an AFL career for himself, a call to explain the decision?

Looks even stupider now that we kept Brophy over Adamson
Yes and no

Adamson was rumoured to be on a fair bit more money which wasn't an issue as cat b rookies aren't included in the salary cap but it made it problematic if we wanted to promote him

And I'm not convinced adamson is going to be anything more than a serviceable WAFL player so was never likely to play AFL anyway

Does anyone know how these international rookies get onto the clubs radar. ie Do these guys attend an AFL information session/draft combine and express interest, then the AFL gives their name to all the AFL clubs for follow up? or do we actually have someone within the recruiting department who searches for possible recruits from outside a formal pathway?

Yes and no

Adamson was rumoured to be on a fair bit more money which wasn't an issue as cat b rookies aren't included in the salary cap but it made it problematic if we wanted to promote him

And I'm not convinced adamson is going to be anything more than a serviceable WAFL player so was never likely to play AFL anyway
Brophy was kept over Adamson because he was a better player. Brophy worked on his game and is a far better player now than when he arrived (he was runner up East Perth best and fairest last year). Adamson made the same mistakes in his last game that he made in his first few games. It really wasn't a close call. Adamsons form at Subiaco this year shows the correct decision was made.

While Brophy was getting better I think he knew he wasn't getting an upgrade. There was a reason why he didn't play on Saturday and I guess that has brought forward his decision to go home. It is a shame because apparently he was good with the group at East Perth.

Looks even stupider now that we kept Brophy over Adamson

Yeah how could club not read his mind that he will be homesick, want to go home and uni instead. Idiots.

As someone who has spent time overseas as a youngster, preseason break back home could have been enough to realise that he no longer wanted to be here. Doesnt take long.

Brophy was kept over Adamson because he was a better player. Brophy worked on his game and is a far better player now than when he arrived (he was runner up East Perth best and fairest last year). Adamson made the same mistakes in his last game that he made in his first few games. It really wasn't a close call. Adamsons form at Subiaco this year shows the correct decision was made.

While Brophy was getting better I think he knew he wasn't getting an upgrade. There was a reason why he didn't play on Saturday and I guess that has brought forward his decision to go home. It is a shame because apparently he was good with the group at East Perth.
I'm guessing he was going to be playing ressies on Saturday which helped clarify his decision or was it something else

I'm guessing he was going to be playing ressies on Saturday which helped clarify his decision or was it something else
25 disposals and a goal the game prior, I think it was Paddys choice to sit out this week as his decision was made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back