MRP / Trib. Paddy gets 3 weeks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Maximum_Over-rustle.gif

yeah its like letting a guy off for shooting a gun at someone but missing and saying "well he wasn't hurt, whats the problem?"

Extending your analogy, and correcting it, the reality is that yes one would get penalized for firing a gun at someone and missing BUT they'd get penalized to a much greater extent if they didn't miss and actually killed the guy. So the actual end result IS a significant factor.

Sling tackles are outside the rules of the game but whether they amount to an offense punishable by any penalty depends on factors such as force which are determined by outcome. You go the sling tackle its like going the bump, if the recipient suffers a blow to the head that medical reports deem sufficiently forceful to have done damage you have a problem. If you don't want a problem don't fire the gun....

Extending your analogy, and correcting it, the reality is that yes one would get penalized for firing a gun at someone and missing BUT they'd get penalized to a much greater extent if they didn't miss and actually killed the guy. So the actual end result IS a significant factor.

Sling tackles are outside the rules of the game but whether they amount to an offense punishable by any penalty depends on factors such as force which are determined by outcome. You go the sling tackle its like going the bump, if the recipient suffers a blow to the head that medical reports deem sufficiently forceful to have done damage you have a problem. If you don't want a problem don't fire the gun....

Just line them up and elbow them in the head instead. :p

Good, he deserves more for staging by throwing his head back when he wasn't even touched.

You blokes would be happy that Mckernan got what he deserved.

Don't agree with the penalty at all. Walker got similar treatment for hard tackles last year and my opinion is the same.

Don't know how to describe the confusion over this when dirty acts like Mkernans gets only two and Westoff gets one for a biatch slap

Good, he deserves more for staging by throwing his head back when he wasn't even touched.

You blokes would be happy that Mckernan got what he deserved.

Seems to be a fairly commonly held view that McKernan got off very lightly.

Don't agree with the penalty at all. Walker got similar treatment for hard tackles last year and my opinion is the same.

Don't know how to describe the confusion over this when dirty acts like Mkernans gets only two and Westoff gets one for a biatch slap
The thing is there is no confusion in their (the MRP) minds, but the average fan could see it coming because the gradings are rigidly set to points yet the MRP just pulls s**t out the bag on the gradings. Take McKernans if it was given the Intentional and Rough Conduct gradings, I would say not many then would say he got off lightly. McGinnity precedent says was in trouble but copped a harsher grading, yet in the Eagles case at least we have had our player cop the same results from tackles, off injured, of a slinging nature with arms pinned and head hitting the ground yet the tackler given a free pass? It looks like s**t it smells like s**t but it is in fact the MRP!

So the tackle on Pridda earlier in the year, where his knees where taken out, his arms locked and he was ridden into the ground, head first and he suffered concussion is OK,but a ligit hard tackle where the tackler is swung away from the contest, after holding the ball, is deemed reckless!!!!!!!!
Ive lost my s**t over this one!
THIS GAME IS SCREWED!

So the tackle on Pridda earlier in the year, where his knees where taken out, his arms locked and he was ridden into the ground, head first and he suffered concussion is OK,but a ligit hard tackle where the tackler is swung away from the contest, after holding the ball, is deemed reckless!!!!!!!!
Ive lost my s**t over this one!
THIS GAME IS SCREWED!

You referring to this one?:

Yeah Priddis suffered concussion, but I don't think that was suspension worthy. Neither was Trengove on Dangerfield, Walker's tackles last year or McGinnity's one. * me the game has gone soft as butter...

Monfries on Priddis this year was just an excellent tackle(crapass shepherd from Shuey). View at 2:58:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a thought on this: if the umpire notices it in game it's a free kick for holding the man too long in the tackle. If the player gets injured in the tackle it's a 2+ week suspension for rough conduct. There's a big gap between the two, given you can outright punch someone and only get a week.

The gap itself highlights a necessary review of the MRP guidelines, particularly the incident gradings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back