MRP / Trib. Paddy gets 3 weeks!

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP probably saw his swan dive in the forward 50 ;)

Two issues that separate the two; McGinnity's prior record and the fact Vince was unable to partake in the rest of the game.

McKernan certainly lucky it was graded as a striking offence rather than rough conduct.

For some reason I thought he came back on?

This makes me very very sad.

The rules are obviously about outcomes of affected players rather than intentions, and the intentions of McKernan to severely hurt someone were never so clear.

can't remember the others. remembers trengoves getting 3 weeks.

don't think they are worth that though. 1 weeks, maybe the more severe ones 2 weeks.

The problem with sling tackles - they only ever get cited when someone gets hurt.

So there is no "not severe ones"

If Vince gets up from that tackle, Paddy is reported. But becasue he had shaky legs and was vomiting - he gets cited.

In all cases someone was concussed. Given the AFL's mantra of protect the head at all times - which ironically was brought in due to McGinnity being chinned by Maxwell, I don't see him getting off.

The rules are obviously about outcomes of affected players rather than intentions, and the intentions of McKernan to severely hurt someone were never so clear.

Yep I agree - intent should have a much bigger grading than outcome.

Also for incidents with only minor contact - say Fyfe's boot in the Richmond game. 50 points and a $900 fine should be sufficient.

What a crock of s**t...I can't fathom how he gets more time of than McKernan?!?

At least we have found our target for the round 23 game!! Boooooooooo!!!! ;)

f***** the MRP. its a disgrace- the AFL these days is run by muppets and it has become a joke of a sport- and seriously I have been watching NRL over AFL this year- that's from someone who absolutely loved and grew up on this sport- but lately I'm really starting to turncoat into a NRL supporter more so. It has become a much more enjoyable and simple game then the AFL these days.

they keep this s**t up then it wouldn't surprise me at all if the NRL or soccer well and truly become the number 1 sport in this country

Two issues that separate the two; McGinnity's prior record and the fact Vince was unable to partake in the rest of the game.

McKernan certainly lucky it was graded as a striking offence rather than rough conduct.

There was only about ten minutes of playing time left when Vince was hurt - had the incident occurred earlier he may have returned in the same way Sheppardwas able to return after he was subbed off for ~20 minutes while he was assessed for concussion. As it is Sheppard lost more game time than Vince due to the respective hits

I find it staggering that the two incidents were considered equal in terms of points under the MRP. Sheppard could easily have ended up with a broken jaw

Had a look at Pat's again.

He has three things in his favour

* He didn't have Vince's arm pinned.
* It looks like he lets go before Vince hits the ground
* He also didn't slam his head straight into the turf akin to what say Merrett did to Hurley. He slammed his back and it was only the recoil of body that made Vince's head hit the ground.

What works strong against him is the pick up and sling is a fairly clear second motion after the ball has gone.

I still think he's gone.

* He also didn't slam his head straight into the turf akin to what say Merrett did to Hurley. He slammed his back and it was only the recoil of body that made Vince's head hit the ground.
Also got offered a smaller suspension than Merrett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with sling tackles - they only ever get cited when someone gets hurt.

So there is no "not severe ones"

If Vince gets up from that tackle, Paddy is reported. But becasue he had shaky legs and was vomiting - he gets cited.

In all cases someone was concussed. Given the AFL's mantra of protect the head at all times - which ironically was brought in due to McGinnity being chinned by Maxwell, I don't see him getting off.
And yet when Priddis effectively missed two games after being concussed in the Essendon game last year, nothing.

Protect the head most of the time is the actual rule.

And yet when Priddis effectively missed two games after being concussed in the Essendon game last year, nothing.

Protect the head most of the time is the actual rule.

Two completely different tackles - Priddis wasn't slung in the slightest. He fell to ground in the tackle - in fact Monfries pretty much did everything right in turning Priddis.

Paddy didn't need to lift Vince and swing him, personally I don't have an issue with it - but they have been fairl consistent. I think what is most damning is the ball leaving Vince's hands so early.

Very very surprised and PI55ED OF.
He is an important player who was starting to prove his worth.
I personally don't think it was bad sling tackle, have seen worse get less, and more knocked the wind out of him than knocked him out.

More annoyed at the fact it copped the heaviest penalty when there were 2 intentional elbows to the face, a double head high strike and a collision by Cameron that knocked out Johannison.

This MRP points system sucks harder than our national government

Two completely different tackles - Priddis wasn't slung in the slightest. He fell to ground in the tackle - in fact Monfries pretty much did everything right in turning Priddis.

Paddy didn't need to lift Vince and swing him, personally I don't have an issue with it - but they have been fairl consistent. I think what is most damning is the ball leaving Vince's hands so early.
I agree Priddis wasn't slung, however (I think it was Lovett-Murray?) pinned his arms to his sides and used all of his weight to get Priddis to the ground. I am pretty sure he wrapped his legs around him as well then fell onto his head. That is my recollection anyway. :cool:

Did Vince miss the rest of the game because he was concussed or because he had to take that time to do a concussion test? Which Sheppard also had to do.

Did Vince miss the rest of the game because he was concussed or because he had to take that time to do a concussion test? Which Sheppard also had to do.

He came off with shaky legs and was vomiting. It is fair to say he was in a pretty bad way.

The MRP would have assessed the doc report before assigning level of impact.

A subjective MRP system certainly is well short of the professionalism reverting to an objectively decided tribunal system would be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back