MRP / Trib. Paddy McCartin hit on Aaron Black

Remove this Banner Ad

A meathead outside of football and now a thug on the ground. Should have got more weeks, hopefully his football career is done.

What garbage. Never caused any trouble in any way never heard anything but positives. Looks like Black was going at McCartins injured hand.

5 weeks is embarrassing. Players who have made head contact in play have had similar bans.

Should be the season.

yep, intentional punches to the head with any force should start at 12 weeks and work up, 5 weeks is pathetic for what is just an assault.

If you don’t want a 12 week ban then stop throwing punches at people behind the ball, kids are doing it at junior levels and it’s causing playing numbers to drop massively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When based on grading using outcome alone that was 3-4 weeks. The VFL argued up to 5 and were pushing for 6 based on the potential outcome of the act. Meanwhile, next door at the AFL, a Melbourne player gets off because he didn't mean to raise an elbow and hit a bloke in the head, with the potential outcome of the act seemingly not the slightest of concerns. I give up trying to understand the justifications for anything anymore.

Penalty reduced after it was discovered they played a round of golf together earlier in the week

😂😂😂😂😂I laugh but I honestly shouldn’t. Some of the excuses and “mitigating” circumstances raised at tribunal hearings over the years are rippas but that one took the cake.

The one from McCartin today of his bgl I must admit I was flabbergasted. Seriously if all it takes is for a person to have their bgl drop to 3.8 mmol for you to become that aggressive honestly you shouldn’t be allowed on a footy field or you shouldn’t say it with a straight face. I’ve worked in health care and have diabetic family members and to use that as an excuse was terrible imo

As for the Fritz one well geez if that goes through as an excuse I’d be advising every mother & father to keep their children away from the game of Aussie rules footy. The tribunal members honestly need to have a good look in the mirror tonight.

But until clubs get told to shove these terrible excuses up their ass the lamest reasons will continue from their mouths.

When based on grading using outcome alone that was 3-4 weeks. The VFL argued up to 5 and were pushing for 6 based on the potential outcome of the act. Meanwhile, next door at the AFL, a Melbourne player gets off because he didn't mean to raise an elbow and hit a bloke in the head, with the potential outcome of the act seemingly not the slightest of concerns. I give up trying to understand the justifications for anything anymore.

It sure is confusing the old potential for injury clause.
Sometimes it’s used, others it’s conveniently forgotten about.
Where is the Fritsch thread?

😂😂😂😂😂I laugh but I honestly shouldn’t. Some of the excuses and “mitigating” circumstances raised at tribunal hearings over the years are rippas but that one took the cake.

The one from McCartin today of his bgl I must admit I was flabbergasted. Seriously if all it takes is for a person to have their bgl drop to 3.8 mmol for you to become that aggressive honestly you shouldn’t be allowed on a footy field or you shouldn’t say it with a straight face. I’ve worked in health care and have diabetic family members and to use that as an excuse was terrible imo
That itself should get him banned on any sporting field.
What guarantee could he give it won't happen again.
For the sake of a few weeks less he has put other diabetic sports people's sporting lives in jeopardy.
What a selfish turd.

That itself should get him banned on any sporting field.
What guarantee could he give it won't happen again.
For the sake of a few weeks less he has put other diabetic sports people's sporting lives in jeopardy.
What a selfish turd.

Don't go too hard, he's using the Dale Weightman defence.

Flea used this one 40 odd years ago after he belted someone and it worked.

Aaron took that hit, but if he had broken his jaw or been clear knocked out cold then I'd expect that suspension would be +50% the length, if there had been pictures of the aftermath on the internet, social media and the news showing Black with blood all over and suffering then the ban would be twice the length.

They talk about potential to cause serious injury but it's really about how bad it makes the game look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back