Paddy McCartin

Richo83

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Stop talking me into it you bully ;)

Fat chance you're getting him! He's more Richmond than Swan St now.

Like seriously, you'd be a genuine chance for the flag. He's exactly what you need, a player with toughness and silk. I even think he's significantly better than Petracca at his age. Remember, Martin was multiple getting BOGs in his second year, Petracca hasn't done that yet.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

Like seriously, you'd be a genuine chance for the flag. He's exactly what you need, a player with toughness and silk. I even think he's significantly better than Petracca at his age. Remember, Martin was multiple getting BOGs in his second year, Petracca hasn't done that yet.
How do we have them both please?

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees

He's (Martin) definitely reached a higher level earlier.

Even though they're similar they're also quite different players.

Petracca is a special talent that I reckon will explode one year. i don't think this is the year, although I do expect more improvement.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Looked good coming up the ground, but was beaten deep by Jones a fair bit and still lumbers at ground level. Hard to judge because Jones is now a legit gun defender.

Think the biggest concern for Paddy is the game just doesn't suit him these days. How do you become quicker or more agile, that's very hard to do. How do you become significantly fitter and lead up the ground if fitness is a weakness and teams don't play through strong CHF's anyway?

My guess right now is that McCartin becomes a very serviceable player in a role - up the ground for some marks, back inside 50 to compete, average around 2 goals. As long as that's the baseline and not stardom due to his draft pick he'll be a good player.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Yes, not posting on Bigfooty a whole let means he doesn't have a life.
But I thought bigfooty = life?

giphy.gif

donkeypunchd

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Then why pick him?
Replace Riewoldt they needed to prepare for life without him. Tracca is an absolute gun and I’m glad we have him but you get 2-3 of those gun midfield/high half forward players per draft, if St Kilda were rebuilding through the draft maybe they backed themselves to pick up a comparable player at the following year’s draft.

Did take some good marks but is pretty much done as soon as the ball is on the deck.

That effort deep in the forwardline in the last won’t be beaten as the worst moment for a single player of the entire season

Back