Uncontracted Paddy Ryder [requested a trade to St Kilda]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Wouldn't mind Geelong having a go at him either. Dubious on his injuries, but for a decent price he could be useful short term for a finals team.

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
Ryder is cooked. I don’t see why we would even offer a 1 year contract at this point. It’s clearly best for all parties if he goes, whether that’s Retirement or to another club.

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
You can count The Giants out of his services as apparently they are very keen on Sauce Jacobs and vice versa apparently.

stfan

Vale Spud
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Saints connection jumped up again on footy classified, from memory, as they said Goldstein looks like staying at North.
No the reason is that Marshall has improved out of site and so no need for a pure No1 like Goldie now who has to play No1 ruck, or you do get him. So we are not after him anymore.

It would only get in the way of Marshall's development.

Personally I think we should just chase a state league ruck as back up.

BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!!

TheBrownDog
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
HS reporting that Ryder will leave Port with Saints and Essendon leading the way.

Most Essendons fans don't want him back but I do he's way better than that potato Zac Clarke.

Having Ryder for a year or 2 till Draper is available makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

XhazzafootyX

Team Captain
May 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don’t mind two years, will help marshall with his ruck craft.
He didn’t play too bad on the weekend.
He’s averaging 10 disposals a game this year, but he’s never been a high disposal player (averaged 13 in his all Australian year).
At least if he comes to St Kilda, he can’t tap it down Robbie Grays throat to kick the sealer against us again😂

Adz2332

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lycett clear number 1 ruck, Ladhams going past Ryder and Hayes who i see as our best ruckman by the end of next year start of 2021.
No longer the ruckman he was and isnt a forward. hes done done. im shocked hes getting another go let alone 2 years!

dumdum

Senior List
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Coming of a serious knee injury. Was great before that in the SANFL and has huge potential, Club loves him. He’s not going anywhere I reckon.
not a bad idea having 3 Rucks but not much point keeping him if Dixon stays there an possibly Westhoff , Hayes will be to far behind

philthy05

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide 36ers
wonder if Port would be open to Trading Hayes?
not a bad idea having 3 Rucks but not much point keeping him if Dixon stays there an possibly Westhoff , Hayes will be to far behind
They’ll be keeping Hayes

He’s 19/20 coming off a knee reco.

Dixon’s 29 and not going to hold a ruckman out.

Ladhams Hayes are our future.

Adz2332

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hayes has star ruckman written all over him.
no way he gets traded out.
has been great even from a knee reco
i could see him easily being our number 1 ruck in 12 to 24months!

Top Bottom