Traded Paddy Ryder [traded to St Kilda with Dougal Howard]

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
But when rob bullied a richmond 3rds ruck it was all his arrived what a brute who needs sauce?

I think it was more O'Briens performance against Mumford the week before where he got the kudos.

Honestly though Chol showed as much in the ruck that night as Stanley has in his entire career. The bloke is a pea hearted spud.

But if the slight criticism is all you took out of my largely positive post, then maybe you're a lost cause.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
In Ryder's case its a matter of how far he has fallen. AA 20 months ago and the premier ruckmen in the comp to now playing in the SANFL.
Chronic Achilles issues and has lost his spring which was his biggest weapon. I really can’t see anyone taking him on especially if they do a thorough medical on him

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Chronic Achilles issues and has lost his spring which was his biggest weapon. I really can’t see anyone taking him on especially if they do a thorough medical on him
Spring/centre square ruck work is the only thing he has left. It’s aerobically that he’s cooked.

Good luck to whichever club thinks they will get either 1 year as a first choice ruckman or 2 years of cover out of him. He’s done.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wouldn’t mind us having a nibble at him. English is good around ground but gets dominated in the ruck.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
He was damn good to watch when fit.

Surprised to learn he is 31. Thought he was younger.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Superstar in his prime and I’d be keen if he has two years of reasonable competitive fitness left. But I reckon that may not be the case.

thats my concern.
its not like we're exactly gurus with injury management either.

Would rather guys like Ladhams, Frampton, Nicholls, Cameron, Darcy, etc be looked at.
A couple of these to build some depth (esp if we lose Draper).

Ryder strikes me as the guy you get if your window is now.....ours feels a bit off at the moment

SharkMeister4

Senior List
May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
would be a great fit for the bulldogs. we need a ruckman for the short term, someone to see english through the next 2 years. English would still get plenty of games as no. 1 ruck because Ryder gets injured a bunch, and having the extra ruck forward would be huge for the dogs in the short term while we figure out a long term lineup. Also, we definitly have the money for him, im certainly watching that space

One of my favourites to watch way back when, but anybody suggesting that he'll be back at Essendon have rocks in their heads. He wouldn't want to come back (and rightly so) and the players wouldn't want him back (and rightly so).

GWS interested apparently. For some reason I feel like GWS was one of the options in front of him when he went to Port Adelaide a few years back, but maybe I'm misremembering.

Lol I should've read the whole article first. :$

The Giants and coach Leon Cameron previously chased Ryder at the end of 2014 before he decided on a move to Port Adelaide.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Goldy 19 touches 32 hit outs
Clarke 12 touches 35 hit outs

Yeah owned :drunk:

Anyone letting Z Clarke getting near them is categorically having a shocker.

Saints offering him 3 years apparently.
This one has gone quiet, mate.

Wondering if the coach situation has had an impact, or whether he's across the line regardless.

Back