Traded Paddy Ryder [traded to St Kilda with Dougal Howard]

Remove this Banner Ad

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints have a gun in Marshall but go and make plays for Goldy and now Ryder. Weird footy club.

Yes real weird. With Longer and Pierce both gone permanently due to concussion we have exactly one ruckman in Marshall at present for season 2020.

So being weird we have this idea that having more than one ruck might actually be a good idea. You know so that there is at least one ruck for the seniors, one for the reserves and a spare in case of injury.

Weird eh?

I guess a genius like you can explain to us mere mortals just Marshall will ruck out 2020 all by himself?

Oh let me guess..we should recruit 2 more rucks did you say?

Yes clearly a weird mob looking around for more rucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints have a gun in Marshall but go and make plays for Goldy and now Ryder. Weird footy club.
We went away from Goldstein as the year went on as Marshall had proved himself to be a gun first ruck.

Outside of Marshall we now don't have one ruckman on our list. What would you suggest we do if Marshall goes down?

Ryder will be on stuff all money and will cost next to nothing in a trade. I don't see the issue?

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We went away from Goldstein as the year went on as Marshall had proved himself to be a gun first ruck.

Outside of Marshall we now don't have one ruckman on our list. What would you suggest we do if Marshall goes down?

Ryder will be on stuff all money and will cost next to nothing in a trade. I don't see the issue?
The issue is, Ryder is a best 22 type of ruckman, and i highly doubt he will move to sit in the VFL. I would suggest whilst Ryder won’t be on too much, a player such as Cameron would be on even less. To me, it makes absolutely zero sense to chase a player like Ryder, unless you are aiming to play him every week in tandem with Marshall. If back up is what you’re after, Ryder isn’t that type of player. Anyone can see that

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ryder wouldn’t be leaving port for stuff all money, but he wouldn’t be on any sort of coin that would trouble saints.

He also wouldn’t be leaving port to play in the vfl. He’s either been promised first 22 playing 2 rucks in the side or really really rated his chances of beating out only one young ruck.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
The issue is, Ryder is a best 22 type of ruckman, and i highly doubt he will move to sit in the VFL. I would suggest whilst Ryder won’t be on too much, a player such as Cameron would be on even less. To me, it makes absolutely zero sense to chase a player like Ryder, unless you are aiming to play him every week in tandem with Marshall. If back up is what you’re after, Ryder isn’t that type of player. Anyone can see that
At which side would Ryder be guaranteed senior football every single week?

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ryder wouldn’t be leaving port for stuff all money, but he wouldn’t be on any sort of coin that would trouble saints.

He also wouldn’t be leaving port to play in the vfl. He’s either been promised first 22 playing 2 rucks in the side or really really rated his chances of beating out only one young ruck.
Who do you think would have promised him 22 games? We don't even have a coach.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Who is Cameron?

I doubt any club would be promising Ryder 22 games of footy.

If it works out he's playing well enough that we can play two rucks than that's a bonus. If not, we've got a back up ruckman for Marshall that cost stuff all.

Who is Cameron?

I doubt any club would be promising Ryder 22 games of footy.

If it works out he's playing well enough that we can play two rucks than that's a bonus. If not, we've got a back up ruckman for Marshall that cost stuff all.
Darcy Cameron, forward/ruck from Sydney. Dominated WAFL as a 21 year old and is now possibly on the move

At which side would Ryder be guaranteed senior football every single week?

GWS, Bulldogs, Essendon, Geelong, Sydney. Would be a reasonable chance at the #1 spot at Brisbane or Freo too.

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda

He has been promised two years on a contract and I reckon he would be happy with whatever comes his way as part of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back