Traded Paddy Ryder [traded to St Kilda with Dougal Howard]

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously you're new to the D&T board. Any Port player who spends any time whatsoever at SANFL level, no matter how brief and no matter what the reason, is 'no longer best 22'.

People in another thread are genuinely trying to argue that Ollie Wines isn't in our 'best 22'. We must only have about 10 blokes in the best 22, it's a mathematical marvel.

Obviously you're new to the D&T board. Any Port player who spends any time whatsoever at SANFL level, no matter how brief and no matter what the reason, is 'no longer best 22'.

People in another thread are genuinely trying to argue that Ollie Wines isn't in our 'best 22'. We must only have about 10 blokes in the best 22, it's a mathematical marvel.
Well no, having moved overseas and watching zero port games I only go off what I read, and I thought I read an article a bit back saying he was now 3rd or 4th choice ruck, which would mean he’s no longer best 22.

Well no, having moved overseas and watching zero port games I only go off what I read, and I thought I read an article a bit back saying he was now 3rd or 4th choice ruck, which would mean he’s no longer best 22.

He is best 22. He was preferred to both Lycett and Ladhams in the last month of the year, with both of those two spending time at SANFL level while he played AFL. The reason he's on the trade table is because given the mediocre results of the last few years and the age profile of the list, we've reached a point where the best thing for the long term future of the club is to give young talls like Ladhams and Hayes a shot to develop at senior level next year, rather than giving a two year contract to a 31 year old. Letting Ryder go is short term pain for long term gain.

Essendon fans who didn't want him will have egg on their face once Ryder destroys Bellchambers or Clarke in the ruck.

Ryder would have made a good stop gap until Draper gets back on his feet but instead we are now stuck with 2 cooked ruckman
Depending if EFC get another Tall Forward they may be forced into using TBC up forward an forcing Draper to play in the Ruck much earlier than anticipated, im convinced Daniher is 99% Gone

Depending if EFC get another Tall Forward they may be forced into using TBC up forward an forcing Draper to play in the Ruck much earlier than anticipated, im convinced Daniher is 99% Gone

Yeah reckon Joe is gone too.

We have James Stewart as potential replacement but he too has missed this year with a groin injury

Yeah reckon Joe is gone too.

We have James Stewart as potential replacement but he too has missed this year with a groin injury
Stewart is No Good IMO, this is where i think your better to go Hard for that Dougal Howard from Port. least he can play in Defence an Forward an in the Ruck, Stewart cant play in Defence an is not real good in Ruck either, his Kicking lets him down

Stewart is No Good IMO, this is where i think your better to go Hard for that Dougal Howard from Port. least he can play in Defence an Forward an in the Ruck, Stewart cant play in Defence an is not real good in Ruck either, his Kicking lets him down

Howard would be a good get don't think Port will let him go cheaply

Stop talking about our players as if you have any clue about them. Stewart is one of the best field kicks at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to the Saints to play with Brad Hill, who is his cousin. Two year deal.

Didn't like the vibe at Essendon. Port have Lycett and some kids that need opportunities.
Don't know if he worded his reasons that well.
Sounded like he didn't like the vibe at Essendon but later on it was revealed he was given hugs by some of the women who was there back when, and also received his Essendon life membership while there.

Seems like no hard feelings on either end and while he said he was past the drugs scandal, reckon the fresh start at the Saints may have just swayed it.

We are fortunate to have a backup ruck while Marshall is developing and if he went down.

Don't know if he worded his reasons that well.
Sounded like he didn't like the vibe at Essendon but later on it was revealed he was given hugs by some of the women who was there back when, and also received his Essendon life membership while there.

Seems like no hard feelings on either end and while he said he was past the drugs scandal, reckon the fresh start at the Saints may have just swayed it.

We are fortunate to have a backup ruck while Marshall is developing and if he went down.
Probably dredges up a lot of memories for him, a lot of water has gone under that bridge. The supporter base is a bit mixed about the idea of him coming back here too, so it's not like universal love for him here.

St Kilda it's all positive and future-focused, he has no history there, other than being mates with Carlisle and his lil cuz apparently going there too,

goodluck with Ryder at the saints, but i got a bad feeling its gonna be a bad trade , he's Crap up forward

goodluck with Ryder at the saints, but i got a bad feeling its gonna be a bad trade , he's Crap up forward
Ablett, Dunstall and Franklin would be crap up fwd in our set up.

A bad trade for what? It will likely he a very late pick.

Im not fussed if he doesn't play am AFL game, but we need someone that can step in if Marshall goes down.

If he's playing good enough footy that they both play, then it's a bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back