Traded Paddy Ryder [traded to St Kilda with Dougal Howard]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
yeah, what makes you think it'll be better with Ryder?
Ryder and Marshall rotating, with Max King and Membrey

We also have smalls in Lonie, Hind, Parker and Kent.

A totally different mix of talls with a great mix of smalls.

Who knows if it will be better, but we finished 14th, and haven't been in the finals since 2011.

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ryder and Marshall rotating, with Max King and Membrey

We also have smalls in Lonie, Hind, Parker and Kent.

A totally different mix of talls with a great mix of smalls.

Who knows if it will be better, but we finished 14th, and haven't been in the finals since 2011.
is Max King even ready to play AFL? whats his Body like nowadays?

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Max isnt at AFL standard yet IMO. https://www.saints.com.au/player-profile/max-king 90kgs at 202cm? he needs to Add more kgs to be at least a good afl Athlete

Weighs more than his brother Ben who did just fine at the Suns this year.

It's his injury that has been the problem.

If we can't get him healthy next year then having Paddy to play forward is a decent outcome for us.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Max isnt at AFL standard yet IMO. https://www.saints.com.au/player-profile/max-king 90kgs at 202cm? he needs to Add more kgs to be at least a good afl Athlete
Okay mate, how many games have you seen him play?

How much bigger than Max is Ben because he goes alright.

No one is expecting him to come in and dominate, but most will be surprised if he doesn't play round one.

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Okay mate, how many games have you seen him play?

How much bigger than Max is Ben because he goes alright.

No one is expecting him to come in and dominate, but most will be surprised if he doesn't play round one.
iv'e only seen him play some games, mainly in the VFL, but he needs to build his Body up or e3lse he'll just get pushed aside from the likes of Franklin an those bigger blokes an or the likes of Cale Hooker

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
iv'e only seen him play some games, mainly in the VFL, but he needs to build his Body up or e3lse he'll just get pushed aside from the likes of Franklin an those bigger blokes an or the likes of Cale Hooker
This true he can get moved off the ball in a one on one atm, but give him a chance to lead and he is unstoppable.

Once he has some muscle he will be awesome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Hope we get him back Draper will still be recovering from his acl Zac Clarke is a potato.
You should be reported for Saying Zac Clarke is a potato.

He is far from a spud. At freo, he was a solid 20 hit outs a game ruckman, mainly because we had depth in Sandilands and Jono Griffin at the time.

Clarke had a couple of solid games this year. 24 hit outs vs Swans. 35 vs North and 38 vs the dogs.

Again, not the worst ruckman in the AFL at the moment.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Has chosen Saints. Will sign a 2 year deal on below average salary.

Can't see him costing too much. I think Port have a heap of 4th rounders this year so maybe a future 4thh rounder.

I think if form permits then both Marshall and he play in the same side, otherwise we've got a cheap back up for Marshall for a couple of years.
I am surprised the saints are offering Ryder below average salary. Suprised he isnt getting paid a similar wage he got at Port which is $600,000 a year.

Aren't you guys struggling to fill the minimum 95% of the cap?

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

He is far from a spud. At freo, he was a solid 20 hit outs a game ruckman, mainly because we had depth in Sandilands and Jono Griffin at the time.

Clarke had a couple of solid games this year. 24 hit outs vs Swans. 35 vs North and 38 vs the dogs.

Still a spud tho his dropped mark in the backline that spilled out the back for an easy goal for the opposition was the final straw for me.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well I'd love to know which VFL games because the ones I watched he looked well and truly ready for the next level.

Also, if Max isn't ready for AFL footy, how does his twin brother who's a fair bit lighter than Max able to perform so well?

I was one of the few at the start of the year that wasn't completely against him. However he's cooked as an AFL player.

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am surprised the saints are offering Ryder below average salary. Suprised he isnt getting paid a similar wage he got at Port which is $600,000 a year.

Aren't you guys struggling to fill the minimum 95% of the cap?

TIP: You pay guys what there are now worth, not what they were once worth.

Ryder is coming to be back-up and to support Marshall. We have no other rucks and need someone. In fact we will get another ruck as you need at least 3 on your list.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
TIP: You pay guys what there are now worth, not what they were once worth.

Ryder is coming to be back-up and to support Marshall. We have no other rucks and need someone. In fact we will get another ruck as you need at least 3 on your list.
I think he's trying to be funny because we are taking Brad Hill away from them on a large contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back