Paddy Ryder

Remove this Banner Ad

The recruiting, on the face of it, seems ok. In reality, it’s been poor. Yes, they have acquired decent players in Dixon, Ryder and Polec in recent drafts, but they have overpaid on the last two. Any list manager that trades away the first and second round pick for a 26 year old ruckman needs to reconsider his life choices.

Ryder could/should be the best ruckman in the game. Great leap, deft tap work, good follow up work, runs all day, can take a contested grab, knows how to kick a goal. Set for a big year if he can keep his body in good nick.

Self indulgent quoting of my own pre season work.

He always had the potential and now he's proven it. Well done Paddy :thumbsu:

Can't believe that Dodoro wouldn't accept our generous offer of Aaron Moore and a 2nd round pick. We've sold the crown jewels when he could of marched to the PSD and PETER RHODE YOU ARE TAKING US ON A RHODE TO NOWHERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha my Essendon supporting brother inlaw on the gold coast today responded to my text and still called him a traitor. :D He acknowledges he is a great player. I think he hates the fact Wangers and Paddy both left for Port. To a lesser extent even Gus. He doesn't talk about the others who left post 2013 s**t.

ALL-AUSTRALIAN Port Adelaide ruckman Paddy Ryder has revealed he doubted whether he would be able to regain top form after his first intra-club practice match this year.
The day after he was rewarded for his finest season with his first All-Australian blazer, former banned Bomber Ryder said that he questioned whether he would be any good again after failing to have an impact in a February hitout.
“My first practice match, an intra-club with the fellas out at Alberton, I remember going home after that game and I had a lot of doubts,’’ Ryder, 29, said.
“I hardly touched the ball that day, my timing was out and I started to really doubt myself.’’
In an amazing turnaround, now he is celebrating his greatest season and motivated to help Port win the premiership from sixth.
More ..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...e/news-story/5cae5f784db7a957fe51c8f192f731dc
upload_2017-8-31_14-0-55.png

All-Australian Port Adelaide ruckman Paddy Ryder with his famous hitout to All-Australian teammate Robbie Gray that won the game against St Kilda in round 19. :D

Haha my Essendon supporting brother inlaw on the gold coast today responded to my text and still called him a traitor. :D He acknowledges he is a great player. I think he hates the fact Wangers and Paddy both left for Port. To a lesser extent even Gus. He doesn't talk about the others who left post 2013 s**t.

Sheesh, if ever there was a situation where the club was the traitor rather than the player ...

Sheesh, if ever there was a situation where the club was the traitor rather than the player ...
Unfortunately Essendon supporters have a siege mentality. He doesn't saying anything about Crameri, Melksham, Hibberard and co. who left, or if he does not in my company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see if it has any effect... us having a few days off while WC trains throughout the bye week. I guess we'll not really know anyway.
We need the break given the 3 or 4 week difference between byes for the 2 clubs.

How can Ryder be chosen before Jacobs in the All Australian team,??????? in the recent "SHOWDOWN" which the Crows won by 84 points Jacobs gave Ryder a complete hiding and I am sure he felt embarrassed after the game,he was running around the Oval like a chuch with only one leg. ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON. not even close.

How can Ryder be chosen before Jacobs in the All Australian team,??????? in the recent "SHOWDOWN" which the Crows won by 84 points Jacobs gave Ryder a complete hiding and I am sure he felt embarrassed after the game,he was running around the Oval like a chuch with only one leg. ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON. not even close.

Poor troll is poor.

Chortle..thank you Mr Expert.

Jacobs got exactly what he deserved for his performance, which was the Showdown Medal.

All Australian selection is about the performance for the year, and Ryder was just as good or better all year in every conceivable metric when you consider that he played one less game.

Why have you got you support Hawthorn ..
When you posted this .. "I have been a Crows supporter since the club started before that I supported Hawthorn"
So who is embarrassed now ...:oops:
Go to the powers to be who accessed Ryder was better and make a complaint ....:p
I am sure they will take notice of you:p

IMG_3539.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back