(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ford Fairlane

Feb 21, 2002
Port Adelaide 5015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Have there been updates today on his future?
Essendon and St Kilda are the front runners according to the media. Two year deal on offer from both.

It looked like the players were saying goodbye to him at the end of the Freo game. Looked like they almost chaired him off.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Essendon? Seriously?

I could accept the saints or Giants, but essendrugs is the last club I would expect him to go to.
Given the history it does seem odd but it's a completely different regime there and being pragmatic it's one of a few very suitable destinations for him.

Hard to assess Ryder's time and legacy at Port. One superb year a couple of solid to average and obviously the year out. Have a lot of respect for him, but given the overall performance of the team it'll be hard to reminisce about any individual involved from 2015 to now all that fondly.

Wish him the best for the final year or two of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
CWS, OakR, SAS, Ducks
He's not worth a saltine cracker at his age there's no hard ball here.
The aim should just be to get some sort of draft points from him. A 4th rounder would do the trick.

My expectation is that we'll try to get 2 picks under Mead in the draft, and then try to get Mead with a handful of late 4th rounders.

Not sure how we'd get our pick 27 below Mead, but basically our currency is Ryder, pick 27 and maybe Amon. Unless there's another trade looking likely.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
CWS, OakR, SAS, Ducks
Overall recruiting Ryder was a fail. Love the guy but it was a disaster after disaster
Guess the question is, what might we have gotten with pick 17 and 37? We've seemed to do pretty well at the draft and poorly through trades/FAs lately.

Schulzenfest

TheBrownDog
Feb 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
I wouldn't boo Ryder next year if he leaves but I will absolutely boo him to hell if he goes back to Essendon. What a hypocrite.

Top Bottom