Roast Paddy Ryder

Remove this Banner Ad

love the fact that Paddy has been given the job. he plays his best as número uno ruckman - go get em son!!

Tomorrow night is the night we need you to stand up Paddy just as much as that Anzac day when backs were against the wall where that day brought you a medal, that i hope you have cherished ever since. You wont win a medal tomorrow night but you have a chance to stand up and make the season for our club. It starts with you. You've been given the sole ruck duties along with JoeD who on debut we expect to see you stand tall as a leader and an experienced determined footballer with a will to win and to create something special for this club. Lead JoeD and others by example tomorrow, its your stage, the lights are on you. Show the Carlton fans that you are the better ruck, the better 1st round pick then your opposition in Kreuzer, destroy him, destroy Carlton.

Ryders been showing the letter at half time

Great last Quarter from Ryder! Was average for most of the night but really killed Kruezer late and was a big factor in our win tonight :thumbsu:

Ryder was pretty good in the last however at times he just looked lazy. As a neutral its easily spottable.

my misses is a essendon supporter, she couldn't agree more.

was destroyed for 3 and a half quarters. As soon as he started "trying" we started winning the ball more in the middle. Just wish he had the capacity to play 4 quarters.

He just needed to find some touch. Remember he also had * all of a pre-season, he'll improve week upon week from here. He was very influential in the last half once he stopped worrying about Kreuzer and took the game on himself.

Look at the stats between Ryder and Kreuzer and its nigh on impossible to separate. Would like to see the hitouts to advantage.

A very even battle and both teams would be happy with their rucks.

My preference is to continue to play Ryder as the primary ruck.

Would you 3 drop him for TBC the next week, quite a possibility i wouldve thought.

He was probably in our top half well i think top 8 but maybe wouldnt hurt. Reality check for both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Crameri, looked totally lost for the bulk of the game, and then switched on, not to the same degree as Crameri but vitally nonetheless, in the last few minutes.

As is often the case when it comes to Ryder, it's one extreme or the other.

Thought he killed Kreuzer. Second efforts on the ground are just amazing, and never gets credit for it. I miss his 3-4 screamers a game but I dunno, I reckon he's pretty farking orrite for me.

I only watched the second half but he was pretty good there.

Looks like many of you formed your opinions already by that stage though.

Tom Bellchambers should feel a little let down at being dropped after seeing Ryder's game last night. Would've put in a much better effort for a lot longer imo. Paddy only turned it on in the last and so he should've.

The thing that got me last night was seeing him jump so so early for the ball and Kreuzer just moved out of the way and got the tap. Gave me the shits.

Watch the last quarter again. He doesn't lose a tap. Makes Kreuzer look even more like he's a loser teenager who's half hit puberty.

Ryder is one of my favorite players as he is one of those players that when you watch him play you can see he has endless potential . . . The first half he was lazy and just plotting around but after half time BAM he started dominating and was a pivotel player for us to win . . . I wan't to see more of him solo rucking so he can get into a rythum without TBC in the side . . .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back