Review PAFC 2020 Season Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Who the * views a season anything but a failure if we don't win the ship. Seriously.

Sure find positives all you like and there were some, but ultimately we didn't win * all so its a failure.

Who the fu** views a season anything but a failure if we don't win the ship. Seriously.

Sure find positives all you like and there were some, but ultimately we didn't win fu** all so its a failure.
How the * would anybody enjoy ANY type of sport with that mindset? I mean I support the LAkers and even with all the lost finals we've still got a * ton of success. It's not like I went on a hiatus from the NBA during the mid-2010s just because we were bottom of the western conference. Even if you automatically kept switching all of your sports teams to the most successful at the present time you still wouldn't be satisfied.

Who the fu** views a season anything but a failure if we don't win the ship. Seriously.

Sure find positives all you like and there were some, but ultimately we didn't win fu** all so its a failure.

If there was a year not to win it, it was this one. Remember?

Shifting the goalposts to dodge the question I see, nice strategy.

You should change the laziest poster nickname to "I only post if my club is losing"
Thanks for commenting again JCL. Enjoy your mediocrity.

Thanks for commenting again JCL. Enjoy your mediocrity.
Last time I looked up mediocrity in the dictionary I don't recall it saying that it means losing a prelim by 6 points. It also didn't say that wanting a premiership and celebrating improvement fits the definition but hey whatever suits your logic. It's kind of sad either way whether you get enjoyment out of all these negative comments or not. Then again with your mindset why should I give a s**t about what entertains you.

Last edited:

I'm normally of that mindset.

And I hate thinking otherwise.

But where would you have had us finish in February this season?

There's degrees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How petulant! The most witless sardonic voice of this seasons ‘essence’ is rebuking his own sworn 2020 ethos?

If 2020 is such a farce then why so much ‘feels’ Feel? To continuously debase the season as you have I’m surprised by your utmost contempt of any analysis pertaining our club?

I’m sure in what 2020 entailed there would be a mountain of data to sift thru both on and off field that can make our club stronger.

How petulant! The most witless sardonic voice of this seasons ‘essence’ is rebuking his own sworn 2020 ethos?

If 2020 is such a farce then why so much ‘feels’ Feel? To continuously debase the season as you have I’m surprised by your utmost contempt of any analysis pertaining our club?

I’m sure in what 2020 entailed there would be a mountain of data to sift thru both on and off field that can make our club stronger.

That sure was words.

Tldr you feel like not winning isn't a failure.

How the fu** would anybody enjoy ANY type of sport with that mindset? I mean I support the LAkers and even with all the lost finals we've still got a fu** ton of success. It's not like I went on a hiatus from the NBA during the mid-2010s just because we were bottom of the western conference. Even if you automatically kept switching all of your sports teams to the most successful at the present time you still wouldn't be satisfied.

I would have honestly enjoyed this season if we had won a premiership in the past 5 years.

I wasn't t really pissed that we lost 2007 for example because it wasn't that far out from 2004.

But is was worthless to win in the first place according to your sentiments.

Yes I definitely used the words "worthless"

I'll wait for you to dig that quote up of me saying that while I head off to sleep.

I would have honestly enjoyed this season if we had won a premiership in the past 5 years.

I wasn't t really pissed that we lost 2007 for example because it wasn't that far out from 2004.

I fell into the trap of letting 2014 slide because I felt we were ready to go the following year. Taught me very sharply that everyone starts on 0 wins in round 1 next year and absolutely nothing is certain and that when opportunity presents, you have to take it.

St. Kilda a prime recent example. Deplorable record since challenging and just couldn't take their opportunities.

I am not overly bullish about next year but who knows. We will need to unearth some super kids.

My take on the season is the turnaround has been building again through the draft. Marshall, Butters, Rozee, Duursma and we still have not seen last years drafts picks who hopefully can match recent years yield.

Giving up draft picks and cap for Watts, Motlop and Rockliff. Means for short term gain we miss a potential 10 year player on our list. These guys are at the end of their career. The best mature age pick we have had in recent years was Charlie, he is a 6-6 monster and those are the main types to target as they are a unique talent.

The delisting of Pittard, trade of Polec (which I thought was a mistake at the time) and Wingard. Were great calls. Congrats to the list team, that ruthlessness was in hindsight bold and accelerated our list no end.

Keep building this group through recruiting youth and 10 year players, not expensive 28 year olds. That is a mostly bad model and brings mediocrity.

Silver lining - I fully expect all players from 2007 to not be playing next Port GF. The healing should be complete and it shouldn't shade our younger players, who mostly held their heads high on Friday.

I mean, the only player from 2007 who played finals for us this year was Boak and he just finished 2nd in the Brownlow and will go back to back at the B&F whenever that is. Irrelevant factor now.

Except for hawthorn and Geelong
Yep- Frawley at Hawthorn played in a premiership but retired. Dangerfield unique talent. Ablett at the end. I just prefer building our own. I always thought Geelong success was pure draft and development of their own Selwood, Johnson, Chapman, Bartel, Corey, Ablett, Hawkins, Taylor etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back