MVP PAFC B&F 2022 - Congratz Rozee (AFL), Sutcliffe (SANFL), Ewings (AFLW)

Remove this Banner Ad

Are they even selling tickets to the event and marketing it to the fan base, or do all the coterie groups who get tickets to events is all that will be attending?

Usually there is about 1,000-1,200 in attendance. Anyone go in the covid restricted events in 2020 or 2021? If so, what sort of numbers attended?
Richo in his just snet CEO's email confirmed no tickets sold to general members given sponsors and coterie group members get this event with their sponsorships. First time in a decade The Port Big Footy board didn't sponsor a player and get 2 tickets to the event.

With the inclusion of all players, coaches and staff, plus sponsors and key club stakeholders, we are at capacity and therefore unable to sell additional tickets to the event.

We will hold a members’ event at The Precinct and the event will be live streamed. If you’re interested in attending this, please book your table here.

Richo in his just snet CEO's email confirmed no tickets sold to general members given sponsors and coterie group members get this event with their sponsorships. First time in a decade The Port Big Footy board didn't sponsor a player and get 2 tickets to the event.

With the inclusion of all players, coaches and staff, plus sponsors and key club stakeholders, we are at capacity and therefore unable to sell additional tickets to the event.

We will hold a members’ event at The Precinct and the event will be live streamed. If you’re interested in attending this, please book your table here.
They have lost touch so badly they don't even see it any more.

Pretty much sums up the club right now. Freeze out the people you’re milking for memberships.

Let them eat cake, hey Richo.
What a disgrace.

Pretty much sums up the club right now. Freeze out the people you’re milking for memberships.

Let them eat cake, hey Richo.
What a disgrace.
I would have thought the BnF is the real supporters event of the season rather than corporate.

I can only assume the club decided to use this event as a corporate sweetener

They don't want Hinkley to walk up to the stage to a chorus of boos again.

See:

Imagine thinking in 2022 that membership even matters anymore. This isnt the SANFL in the 80s where you get to face the players. Its just a gross corporate machine now in which you have no say, your money buys you a seat to the shitshow. The board votes are even stacked against you lol. Its a seat to access the product you pay for, and absolutely nothing else.

If you are a customer, which you are, and the product is s**t, don't pay for it. There is no "spirituality" or "tradition" about this. That's long dead. TrUe BeLiEvErs.

Sack Hinkley.

Literally days before this news, how about that. ******* glad i've pulled the plug on this plastic garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have lost touch so badly they don't even see it any more.
Nah they are trying something new and I reckon they wont do it again.

2020 and 2021 were scaled down events because of Covid. Since the 2021 B&F, 30 female players and probably 30-40 more staff have been added. They attend plus their partners.

It depends what venue they were able to book. Ford gave me a last minute ticket in 2012, when this board did its first player sponsorship, the B&F was held at the Entertainment Centre and there were about 800 people attend.

I have been to 3 club functions at the Convention Centre and it depends which room(s) get used.
The Hall of Fame /season launch when Tredders and Choco were inducted in March 2018 there were about 1,000 people there,
at the B&F at end of 2018 when Hoff won was about 1,200-1,300 people there, and
at the 150th gala event just before covid hit, on 28 February 2020, there was 1,650 attend according to Norts.

Before covid we had 119 employees, now we have over 150. With board members, lets say they all attend with a partner as some will bring their kids that is 300 people.

We have 40 AFL players, 30 AFLW players and about 20 SANFL players and if they all bring partners thats 180. They probably get the right to buy extra tickets if most buy 2 more, so lets say that group gets to 350 people.

Past players will be given the chance to buy tickets say 50 of those and partners that's 100. Then there are life members who weren't players who go to everything. They will get first dibs. Say that's 50 life members and partners and that's another 100.

The count of the 3 groups above is already at 850.

Coterie groups - there are roughly
50 Chairman's club and Magpies VP's members they all get 2 tickets there is another 100.
Captain's club is about 60 members/businesses and 2 tickets is 120.
There are Player sponsors. Even if its just the blokes thats 40 x 2 tickets =80 so the coteries are up to around 300.

The top 10 sponsors probably get a table of 10 to themselves there is 100 more. The next next 30 sponsors probably get 4 tickets there is another 120 and you probably have another 40 businesses who sponsor either Power or Magpies who get 2 tickets like my brother's mate who has sponsored the Magpies for about 15 years and thats another 80. That's 300 there.

So that all adds up to about 1,450. Now all will not go but you see how quickly it all adds up.

Since I went in 2012 the number of coterie group members and the clubs sponsors would have grow by a decent amount and why the club moved from Entertainment Centre to the Convention Centre.

The above has probably been cut hard if the event is less than 1,000 attendees.

As Richo said in his CEO's email tonight - There will be a lot to get through on the night, so we’ll see how this goes before considering our approach in future years.

I'm pretty sure they will split the B&F into 2 events and have 2 bites of the cherry to try and get maybe 2 x 1,000 attendee events.

Big occasion, One Club, AFL, SANFL, AFLW, a proud moment in our history......let's make it inaccessible to our members...

They are holding this event so late and yet they couldn't find a suitable venue to allow everyone to at least have a chance to attend?

As much as we may want to believe otherwise, Doctor Feel is correct, we are just another franchise!!

The reason quoted is capacity - is there really nowhere bigger in Adelaide?
December is christmas work party time and big venues are booked out almost 12 months in advance, although I doubt it for a Monday night.

Last edited:
Indeed, that makes December an even weirder choice.

December was the perfect choice for that precise reason.

They're doing it this way because the feedback they've been getting this year from members has been overwhelmingly negative so they're keeping rogue elements (ie customers) at bay to avoid any embarrassing outbursts or protests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back