PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

KT keeps the seat warm for him all year. Pretty savage. He's the CE now so, get behind him.

Very underwhelmed.

No idea why we waited so long though. Seemed a big waste of time.

Let's see if he has the "inner mongrel" to fight the good fight or not.

Nice enough guy, and a willing worker. Guess not too many external candidates showed enough savvy to warrant consideration? We'll never know, but would love to see the list of other candidtes and their cv's, for interest's sake.

Who gets Richo's old gig? Someone with business acumen to snag sponsors, and reinvigorate China once things settle down?

Quite liked the transparency from Koch in explaining the decision. Does feel a little underwhelming and I'm always skeptical with internal appointments as it can prevent the hard questions from being asked in favour of the status quo, but he seems like a great club man so best of luck Richo.

Congratulations Matthew Richardson. The Club opted for a seamless transition and why not?

Plenty of us have been critical of outsiders with no affinity for the Port being bought in over recent years. As I recall Keith Thomas' appointment was criticised in some quarters for that point. Here is a chance to have some stability about the place so we should embrace that thought.

Matthew will face a big challenge in the COVID environment and he will need our support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love to see the criteria they gave Demetrio that ended up with them recommending Richardson.

Like all external reviews/consultancy the terms of reference are always the key.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have no problem with the appointment but Demetriou's external impartial views are worth nothing and Port shouldn't be dealing with him or spruiking him.

Id love to see the criteria they gave Demetrio that ended up with them recommending Richardson.

Based on how Demetrio operates I'd imagine the only criteria was the size of the brown paper bag he was passed under the table.

I remember Richo was a real pain in the arse when he was CE of the Magpies pre-One Club days and he was claiming the history for the then Ethelton Magpies ;) He was forever pissing off the Power chiefs (and more than a few supporters as I recall).

I think there's more than a bit of inner mongrel in Richo that he has kept restrained in his current role.

I have no problem with the appointment but Demetriou's external impartial views are worth nothing and Port shouldn't be dealing with him or spruiking him.

Hmmm.

I remember Richo was a real pain in the arse when he was CE of the Magpies pre-One Club days and he was claiming the history for the then Ethelton Magpies ;) He was forever pissing off the Power chiefs (and more than a few supporters as I recall).

I think there's more than a bit of inner mongrel in Richo that he has kept restrained in his current role.
This is the reason why he shouldn't be CEO. Can't wait until the history deniers pull these skeletons out the closet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back