PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

I emailed Richo and teed off about being constantly referred to as outside noise. He replied within 24 hours.

He said it's directed at the media as they're constantly bringing the club down and not members and supporters. Richo also said they fully embrace the expectations of members and in no way is it directed at me or other passionate members of the club.

Nah.

Nah.

jfc Gremio, I thought you were a lawyer.

Dear White Noise,

Thank you for your email. I share the supporter's disappointment in the current situation.

I am aware of comments made by representatives of the club in this sentiment. These views are not that of the club itself.

We are dedicated to performing our roles as best as possible in pursuit of success for the club. I, personally, welcome any constructive criticism by those who are a key part of the past, present and future of the organisation. This is required to improve our on and off field performance to obtain the ultimate success that is the club's ethos.

I appreciate the time you have taken to contact me. I appreciate your support of the club.

Sincerely,

Matthew Richardson

Mate, I don’t see any difference between that and a resignation letter.

You just wrote a polite version of the “sincerecide” I’d made.

You should follow your own advice - point (e, and turn up earlier, because you know you're going to be held up by all the idiots.

I tried that this weekend, got stuck for much much longer on North Terrace, but wound up in a shorter queue at the gate and in spite of four non-operating scanners got in just barely before kick off.

Have I reached z) "give up screaming and yell at the folks on SEN" yet?

Nah ;)

Will be back for Richmond. See ya then.

The latest CEO email is better from Richo..

Dear members and supporters,

The 2022 AFL season results have been a long way from our expectations.

There is no hiding from that.

After starting 0-5 we have shown resilience winning eight of our last 13 games but clearly being close enough in some of these games is not good enough. Losing seven games by under 14 points this season just highlights this fact.

The reality is we have put ourselves in this position and haven’t been good enough to win the games we have needed to win, including against the best teams in 2022 – Geelong, Melbourne, Brisbane and Fremantle.

We have four games remaining in the home and away season, and how we finish is really important.

We have great belief in our playing list and our people, but the facts are we have to be better when it matters, in those close games and against the best teams.

After starting 0-5 we have shown resilience winning eight of our last 13 games but clearly being close enough in some of these games is not good enough. Losing seven games by under 14 points this season just highlights this fact.

The reality is we have put ourselves in this position and haven’t been good enough to win the games we have needed to win, including against the best teams in 2022 – Geelong, Melbourne, Brisbane and Fremantle.

We have four games remaining in the home and away season, and how we finish is really important.

We have great belief in our playing list and our people, but the facts are we have to be better when it matters, in those close games and against the best teams.
Sigh ☹️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That reads like he's been taking notes from BigFooty.

I was expecting him to say something about the "Sack Hinkley" sign and have a go at the members and fans, like KT used to if one idiot fan did something dumb at AO. Liked it, that it was totally ignored.

I was expecting him to say something about the "Sack Hinkley" sign and have a go at the members and fans, like KT used to if one idiot fan did something dumb at AO. Liked it, that it was totally ignored.

My interpretation is that if the plan was to keep Ken, they would have gone hard at whoever put the sticker up, said it wasn't representative of the club's values etc. Instead we get crickets.

If your plan was to keep Ken for 2023, you're not ignoring that sticker in this email.

Ah yes, but the figures have just come out and there are not a lot of fans for him to have a go at.

I emailed Richo and teed off about being constantly referred to as outside noise. He replied within 24 hours.

He said it's directed at the media as they're constantly bringing the club down and not members and supporters. Richo also said they fully embrace the expectations of members and in no way is it directed at me or other passionate members of the club.
That is so incredibly untrue. It was absolutely directed at port fans. The media havent said * all negative about us under Hinkley.

Is it just me or did he just fly the idea of leaving the SANFL up the flagpole? Interesting development.
Not just you. He said it’s with the Board. Capital B.

Is it just me or did he just fly the idea of leaving the SANFL up the flagpole? Interesting development.

Yes, assumptions/reading between the lines can often be fatal but I agree, Richo seemed to develop that part a little more deeply for no apparent reason.

Thought the same thing. At the very least it's putting out there that we need to resolve the issues about our SANFL presence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back