PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's been 22 years for Eddie, when is he going to bugger off?

Once Amazon win the AFL TV rights deal and McGuire Media win the rights to provide all the content for them.
He will then have everyone in his pocket.

Moving the grand final to a US friendly timeslot and doing the Amazon specials has been a good start.

im underwhelmed, but is what it is.

I've had about 4 months to get used to it. If it wasn't an internal appointment they would have had the new guy in alongside KT as was originally talked about. COVID probably put an end to that plan.

I've had about 4 months to get used to it. If it wasn't an internal appointment they would have had the new guy in alongside KT as was originally talked about. COVID probably put an end to that plan.
The original talk was get someone in before the China game, get them to experience that and then KT leaves some time after that in late June. Covid drove the change in that time frame. All clubs had to spend 2-3 months working out how the * they would survive once the covid restrictions were imposed by governments across Oz.

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I remember Richo was a real pain in the arse when he was CE of the Magpies pre-One Club days and he was claiming the history for the then Ethelton Magpies ;) He was forever pissing off the Power chiefs (and more than a few supporters as I recall).
Richo and Summerton were the leaders of the "Port Power arent the real Port and they stole the magpies history" brigade

We have long memories

Richo and Summerton were the leaders of the "Port Power arent the real Port and they stole the magpies history" brigade

We have long memories
I have no issues with that. He was just doing his job at the time. How else could he make the PAMFC relevant? If anything, it works to his advantage.

I remember Richo was a real pain in the arse when he was CE of the Magpies pre-One Club days and he was claiming the history for the then Ethelton Magpies ;) He was forever pissing off the Power chiefs (and more than a few supporters as I recall).

I think there's more than a bit of inner mongrel in Richo that he has kept restrained in his current role.

Should’ve been ruled out for precisely that reason, but then Steven Summerton ascended to deity status despite his embarrassing social media outburst around the time of the reserves alignment, so hey.

Maybe Leigh Whicker could make a run at the Prez’s position when the incumbent takes over from Ray at the Midday Show? 🎉

We have long memories

South Australian footy is teeming with opportunistic lightweights.

I have no issues with that. He was just doing his job at the time. How else could he make the PAMFC relevant? If anything, it works to his advantage.

Exactly. People think he might be too nice, but he's not afraid to stir a bit of s**t.

When Collingwood did a review 5 or so years ago, the number one recommendation was apparently “new President “. Binned.
22 Years and one flag is abject failure at a club with as many advantages as Collingwood.

We have long memories
In 2005-06 the Power board and management, under pressure from both SANFL and AFL to become more profitable, were looking at changing our name to Southern Power, pushing the teal for the kids angle, and killing off the Magpies. They might not have progressed a long way down that road, but they had started the journey.

Nearly all of the board who started in 1995 and 1996 had finished up by 2005.

Richo's call out in 2006 was a shot across the bow to wake them up and stop doing it.

It worked, it fired up the base of Port supporters who knew who the real Port was and it help start the push to the OneClub merger. Boulton was the last 1995/96 board member and he handed over to Duncanson at the end of 2008.

Summerton's call in 2013 was an emotional plea as he knew his team mates were going and potentially even him were going to be axed and local Port district players were not going to get the chance to play for Port Adelaide in the SANFL. Did I like his rantings at the time? No. Did I understand where he was coming from? Yes - absolutely.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2F82323D-FE34-4BA3-BF3C-9B2C6EE7A0CB.jpeg

In 2005-06 the Power board and management, under pressure from both SANFL and AFL to become more profitable, were looking at changing our name to Southern Power, pushing the teal for the kids angle, and killing off the Magpies. They might not have progressed a long way down that road, but they had started the journey.

Nearly all of the board who started in 1995 and 1996 had finished up by 2005.

Richo's call out in 2006 was a shot across the bow to wake them up and stop doing it.

It worked, it fired up the base of Port supporters who knew who the real Port was and it help start the push to the OneClub merger. Boulton was the last 1995/96 board member and he handed over to Duncanson at the end of 2008.

Summerton's call in 2013 was an emotional plea as he knew his team mates were going and potentially even him were going to be axed and local Port district players were not going to get the chance to play for Port Adelaide in the SANFL. Did I like his rantings at the time? No. Did I understand where he was coming from? Yes - absolutely.

In my interactions with Richo he has always been fully supportive, proud and passionate of the true history of the club and the PB's!

That, in particular, nobody should be fearful of!

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Is there a bio of the PAFC version of Matthew Richardson anywhere?

I know Matthew Richardson started at the Port Magpies as Marketing Manager in 2001 so I assume his background is in marketing?

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should’ve been ruled out for precisely that reason, but then Steven Summerton ascended to deity status despite his embarrassing social media outburst around the time of the reserves alignment, so hey.

Maybe Leigh Whicker could make a run at the Prez’s position when the incumbent takes over from Ray at the Midday Show? 🎉

It is understandable that this dividing viewpoint happened but the whole unification was to put an end to it. If people from that period with those viewpoints have now changed because they understand it correctly then I have no problem with them.

I don't see any holes in Richardson's understanding of our club's history and his passion for this club to be more and more Port Adelaide is excellent.

I don't point the blame at the common supporter nor the employees of the clubs but at those in higher positions that created the divide ... SANFL, AFL and Collingwood all playing their role.

Is there a bio of the PAFC version of Matthew Richardson anywhere?

I know Matthew Richardson started at the Port Magpies as Marketing Manager in 2001 so I assume his background is in marketing?
From LinkedIn:
1604036711473.png

We have long memories

While he was obviously misguided at the time, in a way this is a good thing. We want somebody who's going to passionately emphasise the Magpie component of our club's history, as opposed to a Port Power Est 1996 fan.

Back