PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see any holes in Richardson's understanding of our club's history and his passion for this club to be more and more Port Adelaide is excellent.

I mean, he had the PAMFC website changed from:

“In 1996, after 126 years of success the PAFC moved into the AFL, with the PAMFC created to compete in the SANFL in its stead" to,

"In 1996 the PAFC (Power) was created to join the AFL with the PAFC remaining in the SANFL as the PAMFC".

And when I emailed him about it he answered with:

“Happy to leave that to you, we are just updating our site to reflect the facts

The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club Inc. was first incorporated in 1956 and changed it’s name in 1996 from Port Adelaide Football Club to Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club – it remains the same Incorporated body

Simple as that”

But sure. What a guy!

Richo's PAMFC shenanigans would indeed be a sign of some backbone you'd like to see, if the club was member run. However the shareholder he will report to/fight for remains the AFL, so good luck Port fans

“In 1996, after 126 years of success the PAFC moved into the AFL, with the PAMFC created to compete in the SANFL in its stead" to,

"In 1996 the PAFC (Power) was created to join the AFL with the PAFC remaining in the SANFL as the PAMFC".

The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club Inc. was first incorporated in 1956 and changed it’s name in 1996 from Port Adelaide Football Club to Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club – it remains the same Incorporated body

Simple as that”

But sure. What a guy!
And then jumped ship to 'port power' just years later. Disappointing appointment but reading between the lines of recent press from Koch and Thomas, the internal option is often the cheaper one at a time of slash and burn from our Lords and Master's at Docklands.

As important as BTTB is...it's small fry in the context of what actually matters and that's premiership winning program and, particularly for the CEO, corporate revenue. Every AFL club outside of the big five is in peril now, we can't afford - literally - to be LOPA anymore, and a connected corporate CEO is essential to that.

Simple as that”

But sure. What a guy!

Yeah I seem to remember that. Look it wasn't good and there isn't an excuse but there is a reason. In those days he appeared very shallow with his knowledge of Port Adelaide but I believe that he's been a rapid learner. Nobody handled that period too well. Not even people that were born and bred Port Adelaide. We have to press forward now. I reckon Richardson's knowledge of our club is now deeper than ever and it won't be this that will make or break him as a CEO but his other attributes to do the job. In my view, test number one is what role he plays or can play with Koch's quest to give Ken another early extension beyond 2021.

And then jumped ship to 'port power' just years later. Disappointing appointment but reading between the lines of recent press from Koch and Thomas, the internal option is often the cheaper one at a time of slash and burn from our Lords and Master's at Docklands.

As important as BTTB is...it's small fry in the context of what actually matters and that's premiership winning program and, particularly for the CEO, corporate revenue. Every AFL club outside of the big five is in peril now, we can't afford - literally - to be LOPA anymore, and a connected corporate CEO is essential to that.
Hang on. We went outside and also use And Ds organisation in an effort to find a candidate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on. We went outside and also use And Ds organisation in an effort to find a candidate.
According to Caro we used 2 recruiting firms to search for candidates, one of which was Demetriou's.

Now that this appointment is finally confirmed I can stop contemplating my navel and focus on a clutch of advisory projects that have been held up by covid and pending the CEO transition at the Club.

Congrats Richo.

We have worked together successfully through ups and downs and sideways interludes since early 2013, and I look forward to making those seven or so years just the start of ultimate undisputed success for Port Adelaide Football Club.

The Big Picture just came back into focus.

Opinions change, people change. Don't see any point in dwelling on something so long ago that no longer has any significance.

Sure. Leigh Whicker for Port Club catering manager <3

Is there a bio of the PAFC version of Matthew Richardson anywhere?

I know Matthew Richardson started at the Port Magpies as Marketing Manager in 2001 so I assume his background is in marketing?

Matty from marketing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back