PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to think that Richo moderated the contract terms down from the higher figure that Kochie and the Board were possibly thinking of.
Had KT still been there, it may have been a 3 or 4 year extension.

Changes to the PAFC staff list per Club website:

OFFICE OF THE CEO
Matthew RichardsonChief Executive Officer
Jules JohnsonChief of Staff
Kate SiemionowHR Advisor and Assistant to the CEO
David HuttonStakeholder Relations Manager

mid that the new name for HR manager? Seems very White House ish

I think it's more like Office Manager - like Dennis in Just Shoot Me, or even David Brent in The Office. Not really - I think it's just the new name for what Mr Richo used to do before becoming CEO.

Last edited:
I think it's more like Office Manager - like Dennis in Just Shoot Me, or even David Brent in The Office. Not really - I think it's just the new name for what Mr Richo used to do before becoming CEO.
Richo was COO.

Richo's 6.30am interview on SEN this morning.

Its 25 minutes so starts off talking about how his 4 months as CEO has gone, the 10 month build up in 2020, financial result, covid cuts to non footy staff of 90 down to just over 40, footy department cuts, the debt levels, will launch a debt reduction campaign, budgeted for 50% crowd capacity, 3 in 5 year flags, formation of strategy, use covid to realign strategy and focus, talks community connection to proposed facilities, changing facilities project to get local council's input their funding and other government funding, social club redevelopment about $2.0m-$2.5m, state government has regional and districts programs grant via Office of Recreation and Sport, we have lodged applications for that. Looked at what other clubs have built but we aren't copying the $80-$100m redevelopments.

PB discussion - ideal world both showdowns. Kane asks if its only restricted to one, what happens? not really addressed. Preseason game in WA if called off discussed - games against the crows, but hasn't been officially called off yet. AFLW discussed - its important for us, but no date discussed. China v AFLW decision talked about. China on pause. Maintaining some of the strong relationships built in China. Mid season draft. Q&A from listeners - Q about allocated/reserved seats. Richo said he got a note from the club that his 2 life members seat have to be moved to configure the pod set up in each bay. Reckons members tracking ahead of last year (not true, unless he is comparing period of auto renewal date of 24 November 2020 to 22 February 2021 vs auto renewal date 17 October 2019 to 15 January 2020).

Expectation is to win a premiership this year. Have to chase it not shy away from it. Talked a bit about Russell Ebert's health update. Talk about the Archives Collection - brought in someone's copy.

Richo is on top of his brief and presents better than KT did in the last few years he was CEO.

Last edited:
Richo's 6.30am interview on SEN this morning.

Its 25 minutes so starts off talking about how his 4 months as CEO has gone, the 10 month build up in 2020, financial result, covid cuts to non footy staff of 90 down to just over 40, footy department cuts, the debt levels, will launch a debt reduction campaign, budgeted for 50% crowd capacity, 3 in 5 year flags, formation of strategy, use covid to realign strategy and focus, talks community connection to proposed facilities, changing facilities project to get local council's input their funding and other government funding, social club redevelopment about $2.0m-$2.5m, state government has regional and districts programs grant via Office of Recreation and Sport, we have lodged applications for that. Looked at what other clubs have built but we aren't copying the $80-$100m redevelopments.

PB discussion - ideal world both showdowns. Kane asks if its only restricted to one, what happens? not really addressed. Preseason game in WA if called off discussed - games against the crows, but hasn't been officially called off yet. AFLW discussed - its important for us, but no date discussed. China v AFLW decision talked about. China on pause. Maintaining some of the strong relationships built in China. Mid season draft. Q&A from listeners - Q about allocated/reserved seats. Richo said he got a note from the club that his 2 life members seat have to be moved to configure the pod set up in each bay. Reckons members tracking ahead of last year (not true, unless he is comparing period of auto renewal date of 24 November 2020 to 22 February 2021 vs auto renewal date 17 October 2019 to 15 January 2020).

Expectation is to win a premiership this year. Have to chase it not shy away from it. Talked a bit about Russell Ebert's health update. Talk about the Archives Collection - brought in someone's copy.

Richo is on top of his brief and presents better than KT did in the last few years he was CEO.

He is very impressive. I know many here, including me, were 50:50 regarding Richo, but now in Hindsight, I am fully on board. His knowledge & love for the club has made his transition seamless, and personally I sense he has been a real rudder to the club since taking over. Firm, decisive, and seems to have a clear vision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negotiating. Up yours AFL, let us celebrate our history.
Let them have thier 'moment'.

As long as we get them.

5 times in 23 years is a very low base to start from.

'Negotiations' should be as follows:

PAFC - we'd like to wear our traditional jumper whenever

AFL - not against Collingwood

PAFC - okay

Not against Collingwood away, sure. At our home ground we should be allowed to wear whatever the * we like against Collingwood.

Not against Collingwood away, sure. At our home ground we should be allowed to wear whatever the fu** we like against Collingwood.
I'm happy to concede that to Collingwood if it means that is the only restriction. After all we wouldn't want Collingwood supporters watching the game to think it was a Collingwood internal trial being played at Adelaide Oval.

So far liking everything he has done. But he is promising the us the world at the moment. Hope it doesn't backfire

So far liking everything he has done. But he is promising the us the world at the moment. Hope it doesn't backfire
Is he promising the world?? He's saying these are our target goals to achieve greatness.

His strategy is called chasing great greatness, not caught and bagged greatness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back