PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Are these new appointments?
Two of the new names including chief of staff have recent experience with BAe Systems.

Our newly appointed lady member of the board is Northrop Grumman.

It’s clear what our strategy is: we’re going to nuke AFL House.

Goodbye to Victoria-centrism.

Two of the new names including chief of staff have recent experience with BAe Systems.

After she spent 25 years at BAE.

It's a war. We are getting people with the adequate know-how...

Last edited:
You're wrong :)

The back in black chevrons guernsey was inspired by the Australian Rugby League, aka the Kangaroos, representative jumper.

View attachment 1127661

Yeah I said it's not based on the state jumper ☺. The young girl contestant claimed she designed it on the rugby jumper.

However the current state jumper no longer has the rounder design that we grew up seeing but has a pointed v liken to our v jumper. I don't know which came first but I remember Haysman likened the v jumper to the state jumper design. Nevertheless, it's not unique.

Yeah I said it's not based on the state jumper ☺. The young girl contestant claimed she designed it on the rugby jumper. ...
Agree that it is not based on the SA state jumper but it is not based on any rugby jumper.

"Lucy Burford, a Port Adelaide fan who is a grade one student at Ardtornish Primary School in suburban St Agnes, used the Australian Rugby League jumper owned by her father Martyn as an inspiration for the teal and white V being placed on a black background. " - Caroline Wilson - The Age, September 21, 2009

I lived in towns in NSW and QLD that had both Rugby and League teams and if I'd said to a League guy in the pub on a Friday night that he played rugby I'd be picking bits of broken beer glass out of my face when I regained consciousness.

Last edited:
Agree that it is not based on the SA state jumper but it is not based on any rugby jumper.

"Lucy Burford, a Port Adelaide fan who is a grade one student at Ardtornish Primary School in suburban St Agnes, used the Australian Rugby League jumper owned by her father Martyn as an inspiration for the teal and white V being placed on a black background. " - Caroline Wilson - The Age, September 21, 2009

I lived in towns in NSW and QLD that had both Rugby and League teams and if I'd said to a League guy in the pub on a Friday night that he played rugby I'd be picking bits of broken glass out of my face when I regained consciousness.
It should be League and Union. Both are rugby football...

It should be League and Union. Both are rugby football...
Language is defined as it is, not how it should be. Descriptivism v prescriptivism.

Ergo,
Rugby = rugby union
League = rugby league

As that's what the people say

Language is defined as it is, not how it should be. Descriptivism v prescriptivism.

Ergo,
Rugby = rugby union
League = rugby league

As that's what the people say
Sure, but it can changed. Hasn’t soccer made a successful push to be called football?

Last edited:
Sure, but it can changed. Hasn’t soccer made a successful push to be called football?
In NSW and QLD "football" is League, in VIC, SA, WA and TAS it is Aussie Rules. Association Football is generally "soccer" in Australia.

I don't credit or blame PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson for this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lived in towns in NSW and QLD that had both Rugby and League teams and if I'd said to a League guy in the pub on a Friday night that he played rugby I'd be picking bits of broken beer glass out of my face when I regained consciousness.

Ah ok, good to know. I don't connect with those codes to that extent.

Massive administration day for the club. The CEO has done a lot of work me thinks. AFL had a CEO hookup today to help save the season. My email is time stamped 10.08pm!

Dear Members and Supporters,

It has been a big day for many Port Adelaide members after the South Australian Government announced a seven-day lock down due to the COVID-19 outbreak. I also acknowledge that our members in Melbourne and Sydney are continuing their lock down, in what’s a difficult time for all. I sincerely hope you and your families are safe and well.

This evening our players and staff from our Club have flown to Melbourne after the decision was taken this afternoon to relocate due to the South Australian lockdown.

The club was unable to secure an exemption to enable its players to train and when it became clear that AFL games would also not go ahead in Adelaide this weekend, there was no choice but to leave to ensure the AFL season continues. The relocation to Melbourne was an absolute last resort but as we worked through the scenarios it become clear this was the only option which would ensure we didn’t get caught in behind a hard border and could ensure the AFL season continued.

As our football club has done for the last 18 months, we have had an any game anywhere attitude and our all of our players and staff have been incredible in driving that. Today presented a different set of challenges and it’s our turn to act swiftly and relocate to keep the AFL competition going. I’d like to acknowledge and thank our players, coaches, staff and just as importantly their families for their incredible support and understanding.

It is a big week for our football club, with Travis Boak playing his 300th game and I know the group are driven to ensure we honour that appropriately on Friday night. Travis is a very special person to our football club and also our fans. I know how disappointed they are about not having the opportunity now to get along to Adelaide Oval on Friday night to thank Travis for what he’s done for them and our Club. Over the coming days there will be some fantastic tributes to Travis and I know the Port Adelaide family will be out in force next opportunity they get at Adelaide Oval to celebrate Travis from the terraces.

It has been a challenging day for everyone involved. The Government and SA Health have done an amazing job keeping us safe in South Australia and we have great trust in the decisions and actions they are taking.

The AFL have done and continue to do an incredible job behind the scenes in keeping the season going and we thank them for this and for their support today in finding this solution.

It’s times like this when the strength of the Port Adelaide community shines through. I can’t thank you enough for your ongoing loyalty and support as we navigate our way through this challenging period and we will update you further over the coming days.

Please take care of each other. We are Port Adelaide.

Regards,

Matthew

Richo talks an awfully big game and I do think the executive team have done some good things in terms of securing funding for the redevelopment at Alberton and the establishment of a women's team, but in terms of actual on field results, his talk has hardly matched it.

I applauded him when he put his balls on the line saying the club expected 3 premierships in the next 5 years. That is the type of vision this club had lacked for some time.

Pisses me off to no end now that they are sort of backtracking on that and many are pointing out that 3 premierships is across AFL, SANFL and AFLW. Nothing but a cop out in an attempt to paper over the largest crack in the club which is that of the ineptitude of the senior coach of the AFL side.

If you're going to chase greatness Richo, hold senior people accountable to their roles as opposed to fostering the continuation of the boys club where people on salaries of ~900k/year get gold passes because they suck you in to blaming everyone else but themselves for the on field results.

• Nothing about our request to wear the PBs in Showdowns
  • Nothing about the Ebert tribute game
  • Nothing about our performance in general

So hes done right? This is getting like late-stage KT hiding in his bunker.

The fact we haven't put out anything official on the BBTB campaign is insane.

What happens when a member asks him about the bars? Just give a half-assesed response? Pretend he's on the phone and walk off?

Like, how do you continue as CEO?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back