News PAFC Radio + Sound

Remove this Banner Ad

At least Hombsch talks about us needing to be braver in our style of play, not kick the ball long down the line and to be more fluent. The group recognises what we don't want our style of play to look like, and what it should look like. Now they just need to execute. Leaders and senior players need to take the lead on this.

At least Hombsch talks about us needing to be braver in our style of play, not kick the ball long down the line and to be more fluent. The group recognises what we don't want our style of play to look like, and what it should look like. Now they just need to execute. Leaders and senior players need to take the lead on this.
* being braver, how about being smarter and cleaner first, so that our confidence isn't knocked about and starting from such a low base before we even attempt to be brave.

**** being braver, how about being smarter and cleaner first, so that our confidence isn't knocked about and starting from such a low base before we even attempt to be brave.
Agree with that, but I want us to take the game on more, at least through our running and leading patterns. Although many of our turnovers are from errant kicks, we also suffer from taking too long to move the ball on, which results in the long kick up the line to a stationary, often outnumbered teammate.

Agree with that, but I want us to take the game on more, at least through our running and leading patterns. Although many of our turnovers are from errant kicks, we also suffer from taking too long to move the ball on, which results in the long kick up the line to a stationary, often outnumbered teammate.
But doesn't that come with being a smart footballer? Being brave suggests high risk - and high * up potential if you get it wrong. Sure its better to make errors trying something than making them when not trying but you have to to know your abilities and limits.

Trying an 80m switch when most of our blokes struggle to kick accurately over 50m isn't brave its a stupid option. Sure try a 40-50m switch, 60m for the better kickers, but I have seen blokes call for the ball 80m away and other guys ie the kicker honour that call. Both players are being dumb here not brave.

But doesn't that come with being a smart footballer? Being brave suggests high risk - and high **** up potential if you get it wrong. Sure its better to make errors trying something than making them when not trying but you have to to know your abilities and limits.

Trying an 80m switch when most of our blokes struggle to kick accurately over 50m isn't brave its a stupid option. Sure try a 40-50m switch, 60m for the better kickers, but I have seen blokes call for the ball 80m away and other guys ie the kicker honour that call. Both players are being dumb here not brave.
While i agree, the long bomb to the the half back flank is the most conservative (and least effective) way of exiting the back 50. It is also the routune for when we are kicking out from a behind. This is one of the areas we need to be a little braver (more brave?), and smarter, to improve our transition. Otherwise we may as well just kick it to Josh Bruce so we can win it out of the middle instead...

f12d01f97d13207582d6962651aee4e5.jpg

Having listened to KT's interview several times, I'm now quite convinced the suns have quite deliberatory taken a stance that was never part of the initial and in the spirit of on going agreements. Cochrane's 'poor little ol' us is tragically pathetic. The suns have contributed exactly zip to this project. OK, it may have been a significant lapse in drawing up the final agreement but I guess at some stage trust has to be part of any discussion.
I now have a better understanding on why Kochie has been outspoken. Clearly, others do not agree but you didn't have to be overly bright to understand KT was not overly enamored with the sun's response.

Over the five plus decades I've been a Port Adelaide supporter/member, I have never cared anything about the existence of other teams or people who support other teams - they exist, so no point in stressing as nothing will change, so I simply care about Port Adelaide. However, the suns may have just changed my thinking.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out "Jars and Louie" are a pair of w***ers.

Compared with them Rowe looks like David Letterman.

Having listened to KT's interview several times, I'm now quite convinced the suns have quite deliberatory taken a stance that was never part of the initial and in the spirit of on going agreements. Cochrane's 'poor little ol' us is tragically pathetic. The suns have contributed exactly zip to this project. OK, it may have been a significant lapse in drawing up the final agreement but I guess at some stage trust has to be part of any discussion.
I now have a better understanding on why Kochie has been outspoken. Clearly, others do not agree but you didn't have to be overly bright to understand KT was not overly enamored with the sun's response.

Over the five plus decades I've been a Port Adelaide supporter/member, I have never cared anything about the existence of other teams or people who support other teams - they exist, so no point in stressing as nothing will change, so I simply care about Port Adelaide. However, the suns may have just changed my thinking.

In all this you would have to wonder how the AFL will look if Port thrash GC in the Chinese national colours. Which isn't off the cards considering GCs 2016 form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back