Club History PAFC SANFL Season Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Jim Dixon

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2013
Canada
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u7zWKKYerbd9cjpEb6K9FB21CR-gJ3xYF3E5NWNK83E/edit?usp=sharing

So anyway I've made this document in google documents, it's a SANFL equivalent to the AFL Tables webpage at http://afltables.com/afl/teams/padelaide/season.html which covers the AFL.

So because I can't code or automate anything I've just done the SANFL one till 1945. I will complete it as best I can in due course but my source is the excellent australianfootball.com. website which is only complete to 1897.

Any errors, ommissions or mistakes are my fault. Please PM and I'll correct as best I can. There is an error in the data that I'm aware of and I'll try and weed out the mistakes over time.

Nevertheless the page is half done. My eyes are bleeding and I need to put them in an icepack. Enjoy!

Edit- I've updated the page till 1919. Hopefully will get this done to 1897 later on this weekend or next.
Edit 2- Scroll down for the data to 1897. I will work on formatting the data properly as time goes by.
Edit 3- Alright it doesn't look too scruffy now. Killer fact, we've played 2229 games in our SANFL time from 1897 to date, won 1480 of them at a win rate of 66%.

To get the first 20 years I'm going to have to dig into trove and dig the scores out myself. I'll work on it and slowly but surely update this file but no promises as to when it's going to be done.

Last edited:
awesome stuff, 1980 was our best season % wise, 3176 for 1687 against. 65.31%, i feel we can have a similar season in the afl this year. to do that we need to have a % of 188.26% or above. tough ask but i feel with the draw and the strength of our list this year we can give it a shake.

Fantastic work Jim Dixon , you've put in a tremendous amount of work and it is fascinating reading being able to compare various years. The For column for the 1980 team is still amazing reading.

A tiny suggestion re formatting - maybe move Rank to the end of the Home and Away records, I did a double take a couple of times seeing 2/10 in premiership years. ;)

Also is it possible to freeze the top two rows when embedding and include a legend for P,R,M,F,L?

The WW2 row - not sure what's happening there.

Fantastic work Jim Dixon , you've put in a tremendous amount of work and it is fascinating reading being able to compare various years. The For column for the 1980 team is still amazing reading.

A tiny suggestion re formatting - maybe move Rank to the end of the Home and Away records, I did a double take a couple of times seeing 2/10 in premiership years. ;)

Also is it possible to freeze the top two rows when embedding and include a legend for P,R,M,F,L?

The WW2 row - not sure what's happening there.

Anyone with basic spreadsheet knowledge want to jump into my google sheet and do this? What I know about formatting can be written on the back of a stamp. PM me if you can help me out here.

The WW2 stuff is our totals from 1945 to 2015. That was where I stopped after New Years. The finished product will have a grand total and I'll do splits from the various golden eras as well.

Looking forward to entering 1914. Unbeaten with a % of 64. * me we are an awesome club, and we've been awesome for over a century.

Okay, the freeze works in google sheets but not in the embed. I'm going to go get help.

Thanks for your help though!

*Bump* So I've added extra sheets which take out the data for especially rich periods of our history. Enjoy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back