Game Day PAFC v West Coast, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Portland Timbers
Couldn't see a Match-day thread from the usual suspects!!
Thought I'd take the opportunity to start my first ever thread.....

Important game.
Win this one and the media may start to see us as the real deal this year. Lose and it's just more of the same.

My buddy Ebo has his 250th - hopefully we do the right thing and win it for him.

Port by 17 points in a tough game
Dixon to kick 4 and Rozee to come back from his quiet game last week.

Oh.....and Ebo to be wearing a head bandage by the end!!

The confidence is definitely up this year, as Rick and Macca said in the preview podcast we are able to absorb momentum going the other way, which is a big change from last year.

My worry is the defence may be undersized against their talls. Locking the ball forward would be a good counter for that.

I think we get the win, by 2-3 goals. Can see this being a bit of an arm wrestle despite the perfect weather. We have a few guys looking for a big game, I think our midfield wins it.

It will be a battle of the midfield and turnovers. When West Coast get the ball, they will try and keep the ball in the air. They will continue to try and out mark us. Win it in the midfield and keep turnovers to a minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Is it my 30th birthday? Check.
- Is it a milestone game for one of our guys? Check.
- Are we at the top of the ladder with a chance to go a game clear of everyone else? Check.

The stars have aligned: West Coast by 47 in a classic What Happen Power PTSDdog.gif production.

- Is it my 30th birthday? Check.
- Is it a milestone game for one of our guys? Check.
- Are we at the top of the ladder with a chance to go a game clear of everyone else? Check.

The stars have aligned: West Coast by 47 in a classic What Happen Power PTSDdog.gif production.
Happy birthday

Well today should be an interesting day to work in the Western suburbs of Perth. I’ll have my pie and a Carlton zero from the IGA next door... it will be like I’m at the game 😂
Just get the job done lads, farkn.

It’s vital we win the contested possessions. They have been poor in that stat in the hub and the blow torch will be on them in this regard.
WC 115 GC 137
WC 118 BL 133

We have been excellent in the contest against largely poor opposition.
PA 138 AD 119
PA 130 FR 107

If the average continues, PA 134 WC 117, we win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back